The Student Room Group

Stuck between Ict and Chemistry

I’m currently in AS now and I’m stuck with choosing subjects. Now, I’m thinking to be some kind of engineer but there are also variety of engineering. So I’m definitely taking maths and physics but I’m stuck in taking either chemistry or ICT. Since I’m also interested in developing new software and stuff that’s why I thought of taking ICT. Although, I’ve heard ICT isn’t much credited in universities. So I thought I’ll take math physics and chemistry in a levels. But for Incase I want to change my mind after a levels, can I still have a chance to be a software engineer?
Original post by MDan012
I’m currently in AS now and I’m stuck with choosing subjects. Now, I’m thinking to be some kind of engineer but there are also variety of engineering. So I’m definitely taking maths and physics but I’m stuck in taking either chemistry or ICT. Since I’m also interested in developing new software and stuff that’s why I thought of taking ICT. Although, I’ve heard ICT isn’t much credited in universities. So I thought I’ll take math physics and chemistry in a levels. But for Incase I want to change my mind after a levels, can I still have a chance to be a software engineer?

If you opt for chemistry, physics, and maths, you're more or less eligible to study any type of engineering under the sun. This would include software engineering as well as computer science.

ICT is not a facilitating subject and isn't required for software engineering or computer science. The only facilitating subject for software engineering or computer science is maths. Any other subject is optional.
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 2
Original post by MindMax2000
If you opt for chemistry, physics, and maths, you're more or less eligible to study any type of engineering under the sun. This would include software engineering as well as computer science.

ICT is not a facilitating subject and isn't required for software engineering or computer science. The only facilitating subject for software engineering or computer science is maths. Any other subjects is optional.

Thanks alot

Quick Reply

Latest