Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    It's my boyfriend's graduation next week and I need something to wear!
    The thing is, I don't know what people usually wear to graduations (when they're not graduating) because I've never been to one before...
    I'll be going shopping sometime during the week to all the usual high street stores (New Look, H&M, Primark etc!) but I don't know what to look out for.
    What shall I wear? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    have a look in TK Maxx. I got a really nice dress in there the other day.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Charlski)
    have a look in TK Maxx. I got a really nice dress in there the other day.
    Do you think a dress would be too... dressy? I honestly haven't got a clue, haha

ReputationRep:
    vest and pants

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by apassingfeeling)
    Do you think a dress would be too... dressy? I honestly haven't got a clue, haha

Well, I shall be dressing up BIG TIME when I go to my bf's graduation in the summer. I'd defs go for a dress.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Charlski)
    Well, I shall be dressing up BIG TIME when I go to my bf's graduation in the summer. I'd defs go for a dress.
    Ooh okay, thanks Guess I'll go all out then. I'm glad because I love an excuse to dress up

ReputationRep:
    Ooh okay, thanks Guess I'll go all out then. I'm glad because I love an excuse to dress up

Yep, me too

ReputationRep:
    Oh dear, my bf graduates next month, but i have no money for new outfits :-( With the weather being cold i was just going to wear heels, grey twill checked high waisted trousers and whichever top from my wardrobe that happens to be warm enough and goes well. Hmmm. Im gonna look drap and boring.

Or maybe i can break into my overdraft and get a nice purple satin top ive seen in d.p's. Gah, its so hard to maintain looking glam on a £30 a week budget

ReputationRep:
    No, you need to look dressy. Every attending bloke will be in a suit, and the women usually wear smart dresses or a suit themselves.

(Original post by shuperstar)
    Oh dear, my bf graduates next month, but i have no money for new outfits :-( With the weather being cold i was just going to wear heels, grey twill checked high waisted trousers and whichever top from my wardrobe that happens to be warm enough and goes well. Hmmm. Im gonna look drap and boring.

Or maybe i can break into my overdraft and get a nice purple satin top ive seen in d.p's. Gah, its so hard to maintain looking glam on a £30 a week budget
    If you wear a bright top and some jewellery that should be fine

PS - New Look have some bright satin shirts at a decent price (http://www.newlook.co.uk/1587138/158...ctDetails.aspx) or try ebay!

ReputationRep:
    wear a cap and gown

gooo on.. i dare ya!!!

ReputationRep:
    Something smart but fairly demure too, since it's a more serious occasion rather than a party.

ReputationRep:
    something smart, but not office-y

a nice dress like

http://www.oli.co.uk/Ruffle-Dress-wi...7CP%5FSize%7C0

http://www.stylefinder.com/items/default.aspx?id=109184
    http://www.asos.com/Asos/Asos-Premiu...loodmoney&sh=0

http://www.asos.com/French-Connectio...tardBlack&sh=0

ReputationRep:
    When I went to my boyfriend's graduation I just wore black trousers and a nice grey top.
    Just smart but not ott.

ReputationRep:
    Good suggestions! Although i think the first one is maybe a bit too dressy.

ReputationRep:
    Wowww, I love the second one! *wants* ..not that I have any occasion to wear it for, but there you go :p:

ReputationRep:
    For my own graduation I wore a black pencil skirt and a red satin blouse, and the guests seemed to be dressed fairly similarly Fairly smart but not overly dressy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by foundintransmission)
    Wowww, I love the second one! *wants* ..not that I have any occasion to wear it for, but there you go :p:
    yeah i'm lusting for the french connection one atm, but im maroon and grey...loooove it

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.