The Student Room Group

When Should I Make A UCAS Acct

ive just started college, literally 1 day in, but i hear a lot abt ucas and ucas points. when should i make a ucas acct, like rn? or later
If you're not applying until next year (for 2024 entry), then don't bother UCAS Apply (when you can start your application) doesn't open until like May 2023 and even then you can't submit your application until September 2023 at the earliest and even then the normal UCAS deadline isn't until Jan 2024 (unless you're applying for medicine, veterinary sciences or Oxbridge - Oct 2023). You can make a UCAS account, but you won't be able to start your application for AGES and I know people who didn't make a UCAS account until December (the month before application deadline), so you're fine.
If you're applying for 2023 entry (which I assume you're not because you said you just started college, but just in case), I would say why not? I mean you can and in a couple days if your application is complete you can submit it, but there's not much point unless you're applying for medicine, veterinary sciences or Oxbridge. I would suggest maybe start your application and fill in the mundane stuff like your education background, your address, etc. but you have a few months until it needs to be complete.
Also, UCAS points aren't (really) anything to do with your UCAS application - as in you don't need a UCAS account to have UCAS points. You get UCAS points from Level 3 qualifications (like A Levels) and they only really exist to compare different qualification results.
If you are applying for 2024 entry, don't stress too much about UCAS anything just yet - you shouldn't be worrying about that for a while.
Good luck with everything UCAS and non-UCAS related.
This time next year.
Reply 3
Original post by casmurphy
ive just started college, literally 1 day in, but i hear a lot abt ucas and ucas points. when should i make a ucas acct, like rn? or later

You make the application in the school year before you want to go. So if you want to go sept 24 then the ucas portal opens this year and closes Jan 24 for most courses.

Quick Reply

Latest