Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ITF_Luke)
    The most extreme possible example is the "King of the Chavs", that guy who won the lottery. David Beckham is another good example. Work down from there

How does DB act thats "poor". In general, what is acting like a "poor person"?
    This one is good.

Definition: a person who has suddenly attained wealth or position but has not yet gained acceptance in the upper class; also, an upstart who has not yet gained the manner associated with this new position

ReputationRep:
    aww man i really wanted to watch that..and missed it

ReputationRep:
    That rich girl was thoroughly distasteful - so rude! Could not believe it when she called her "butters". :eek:

^you can watch it on the c4 website. you dont need to download anyhting, like iplayer equiv.

what fusion said + the other one was fat, maybe she should have done a little more pedaloing /sarcasm

ReputationRep:
    I didn't get that. wtf does "butters" mean

ReputationRep:
    It means "extremely ugly" in the worst possible way - its a cockney term.

ReputationRep:
    Hang on, I must have missed that bit of the programme. Who called who butters?

ReputationRep:
    rich girl called poor girl...hardly befitting her status

ReputationRep:
    i would rob the rich kid and the poor kids flat was really low standard

ReputationRep:
    "I don't like saying that I'm not more superior to state school kids. I like feeling more superior."

Ew. When she said 'I don't like saying that' I honestly thought she meant 'I don't like saying I used to think I was superior.'

"Worst case scenario is I end up poor. I have to send my kids to state school. I can't bear that thought."

What a vile, stuck up, silly girl.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheMeister)
    LOL

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nolongerhearthemusic)
    "I don't like saying that I'm not more superior to state school kids. I like feeling more superior."

Ew. When she said 'I don't like saying that' I honestly thought she meant 'I don't like saying I used to think I was superior.'

"Worst case scenario is I end up poor. I have to send my kids to state school. I can't bear that thought."

What a vile, stuck up, silly girl.

exactly! and there are people on here really defending her its so weird! i think they must either have not watched it properly or have been raised in the same 'superior' sheltered way as her

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by piehead)
    exactly! and there are people on here really defending her its so weird! i think they must either have not watched it properly or have been raised in the same 'superior' sheltered way as her
    A couple of people have stuck up for her, but to be fair they've probably lived that kind of sheltered life themselves and believe they deserve it by virtue of what they were born into.

I would never, ever send my kid to a private school to be around retards like that. I would rather they were friends with Natalie than Alice.

ReputationRep:
    same. i think private schools probably shouldnt exist anyway

ReputationRep:
    Rich girl was absolutely vile, as was her mother. Poor girl seemed quite nice to be honest but I only saw the second half.

ReputationRep:
    they were both v annoying... BUT the rich kid topped it
    "i don't give a s*** about public school kids, they can all go and die"
    serious problem!

felt sorry for her at first, then when she started coming out with some of those things she gained the hatred.

as for the poor girl - she was trying to help her brother, and when she said: "thats how i know you're proper loaded! - i mean that in the nicest way possible" she redeemed my liking.

i'd rather hang round the poor girl, although probably not in her house!

ReputationRep:
    Where can I watch this programme online?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SophieM)
    Where can I watch this programme online?
    http://www.channel4.com/video/brandl...h-kid-poor-kid

ReputationRep:
    Haha - oh, this thread has reached new levels of hilarity.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheMeister)
    Do you actually know what the term cockney means ? Butterz is an urban term IYMK

Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.