Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I think she was annoying. Her accent and clothing were horrific.

ReputationRep:
    Aw I didn't mind her accent at all. It gave her character.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bagration)
    I think she was annoying. Her accent and clothing were horrific.
    Oh shush.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jismith1989)
    I didn't think she was annoying. What was wrong with her behaviour? :curious: The 'rich girl', however, was pretty darned isolated.
    Swearing on TV and getting aggressive with the interviewer? How is that any better than ****ging off poor people? I'm not sensitive about language but she needs to get a grip.

ReputationRep:
    I thought it was disgusting of the poor persons mother to do **** all everyday, very commendable of the poor girl to try and get her brother into school but its just the sad reality of the underclass that has developed in this country.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tory Dan)
    I thought it was disgusting of the poor persons mother to do **** all everyday, very commendable of the poor girl to try and get her brother into school but its just the sad reality of the underclass that has developed in this country.
    Finally, reinforcements have arrived :happy2:

ReputationRep:
    Oh shush.
    Deep, deep down, you agree with me. :wink2:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KwungSun)
    Swearing on TV and getting aggressive with the interviewer? How is that any better than ****ging off poor people? I'm not sensitive about language but she needs to get a grip.
    Do people have no empathy? :eek:

ReputationRep:
    Do people have no empathy? :eek:
    No. We really don't.

ReputationRep:
    No. We really don't.
    Thought so. Ah well, have fun tearing into the flesh...

ReputationRep:
    Thought so. Ah well, have fun tearing into the flesh...
    Empathy =! Sympathy. I have sympathy & empathy for the 5 year old. Nothing for any of the others.

ReputationRep:
    Empathy =! Sympathy. I have sympathy & empathy for the 5 year old. Nothing for any of the others.
    That's the problem. People see children as being naive, ignorant and not necessarily the cause of their own problems -- but those same people are not always willing to as easily attribute those characteristics to adults. The adult is merely the continuation of the child.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tory Dan)
    Her mother just got over depression, the reason she wasn't working, and the girl was pushing her mother to get a job but there ain't many about nowadays though are there??

ReputationRep:
    Its a pretty accurate reflection of Clapham. little bubbles of rich and poor.

Rich girl was insanely snobbish, being mugged isnt an excuse for beating down on the poor.

ReputationRep:
    the poor girl was screwed from birth really, gotta feel for her, its damn near impossible to make 'something' of yourself when you are under that much pressure from a young age

The rich kid is annoying but there are tons of idiots like her on here.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KwungSun)
    Its fairly obvious the interviewer was asking her questions about her childhood/mothers depression etc to get her to give deep/personal answers.

ReputationRep:
    It's fairly obvious that was what was going to happen after you signed up for the program...

ReputationRep:
    You cant blame either children for their upbringing. The 'rich' kids mother is at fault with her 18th centuary views. Likewise, the 'poor' kids mother wasnt exactly a mother at all.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LearningMath)
    You cant blame either children for their upbringing. The 'rich' kids mother is at fault with her 18th centuary views. Likewise, the 'poor' kids mother wasnt exactly a mother at all.
    The difference is one of them brought an income into the house to support her children and the other was a fat useless slob.

ReputationRep:
    it all looks so staged

Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.