The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Clubber Lang
Its fairly obvious the interviewer was asking her questions about her childhood/mothers depression etc to get her to give deep/personal answers.

Yea I know, I'm just saying there was some obnoxious behaviour on behalf of both girls.
rich kid seems to have learnt from her experience which is ok i spose.

she is only 15 i guess, blame it on her parents!

'pure ignorance'
Bagration
It's fairly obvious that was what was going to happen after you signed up for the program...

Yeah, he really dug in to the rich kids hard life, the whole two muggings, wow, must have been tough for her :rolleyes:

Bagration
The difference is one of them brought an income into the house to support her children and the other was a fat useless slob.

Yet again, stupidity, if the rich kid's mum had depression you'd have all the sympathy in the world. That woman lost her husband then went in to depression, no other income in the family, so to call her a "fat useless slob" is a little harsh..

Interesting how their respect for elders was different too, rich girl calls her mother a bitch, poor one is worried about people judging her mum.. Hmm.. Bags of money but no respect and obviously ignorant views. I blame the mother 100%
Natalie is seventeen, takes care of her younger brother, is overweight, poor, without any real direction in life, and has had to deal with both the death of her father and her mother's depression.

To be honest, I'd be pretty ****** off as well.

I don't think the documentary went far enough at the end- should have explored the girls' attitudes more fully, I feel, and definitely focused more on the parents.
andrewjh009
Well i'd say shes's more attractive than you if thats you in your profile pic, not saying you are unattractive though.

:laugh: It's scarlett johansson from Lost in Translation.

Like I said, everyone to their own... :p:
Can somebody try to access the free playback of Rich Kid, Poor Kid, on Channel 4.com, as i'm unable to replay it and i'm unsure whether it's my computer or the actual site itself.

Please somebody help!!
Clubber Lang
rich kid seems to have learnt from her experience which is ok i spose.

she is only 15 i guess, blame it on her parents!

'pure ignorance'

Her 'epiphany' at the end was so transparent. She was obiviously more worried about what other people would think than the actual reality of her veiws.

I doubt she has changed at all from the experience.
Typical poor family - no money yet have dogs and smoke.

...and no front teeth (the mother).
All the problems of the poor could be solved if we brought back the workhouse.
Tory Dan
All the problems of the poor could be solved if we brought back the workhouse.

Another idiotic statement. Why don't you just say that we should bring back slavery. You claim to be a libertarian and yet you have no concept of fundamental human dignity. Everything in your world is based upon markets.

IDIOT.
The workhouse is not even based on markets, given that they were run by the state...
Jason Sparks
Another idiotic statement. Why don't you just say that we should bring back slavery. You claim to be a libertarian and yet you have no concept of fundamental human dignity. Everything in your world is based upon markets.

IDIOT.

In a libertarian world everything pretty much would be based on markets.
Calumcalum
Does the rich kid go to JAGS?

Yeah
I just felt sorry for the little boy who'll probably end up in a gang after his ****** childhood sleeping on the floor while te girl will no doubt go to Oxbridge or Durham Bristol etc and have a nice life. The cycle continues.
I found the poor girl quite endearing at times. Behind her aggressive façade i found she showed herself to be caring and quite cute (for want of a better word) at times.

The rich girl however had no redeamable features at all. I don't think she was as snobby as the film made out, she just seemed a bit too excited to make a good impression on camera and have a lot to say but it back fired on her big time.

As bad as it is, i was quite glad to hear she'd gotten mugged as well! :/

EDIT: And why hasn't rich girl's mum told her to sort her hair out?! She needs to straighten them flicky bits in on her right hand side in a bit. Horrid.
Tory Dan
In a libertarian world everything pretty much would be based on markets.

markets dont always work and greedy peopel cannot be trsuted, or have you have your head i nthe sand latley
iamtheeggman
EDIT: And why hasn't rich girl's mum told her to sort her hair out?! She needs to straighten them flicky bits in on her right hand side in a bit. Horrid.
nah, its hot ._.

Clubber Lang
markets dont always work and greedy peopel cannot be trsuted, or have you have your head i nthe sand latley
You're absolutely correct. It's high time we started firing and disbanding central bankers who take huge state cheques to drive our economy into the ground.

Also, if someone's going to neg me, at least leave your name, you *****.
Funniest quotes:

Alice: "Oh my god. I hate it when people wear too much eyeliner"
Natalie: "But I do that?" (Natalie scowls at her)

'where's your dad?'
'he was shot on a trip in Egypt'
'Oh, how unfortunate'
Oh man. Everyone knew this documentary was going to turn out this way. I was in a couple of things they filmed for it and had to sign a disclaimer to be shown on it etc etc, as I know Alice - (through school activities). It's not official that's she been expelled but the headmistress tried everything to get the programme pulled from the TV schedule and by Friday morning, they had multitudes of hate mail through their front door. She also didn't come into school on the Friday - if she had any sense, she wouldn't go back, the students are absolutely outraged.

I'm SO happy that my face is actually nowhere on the program. The girl is an embarrassment to herself.
popsicle900

I'm SO happy that my face is actually nowhere on the program. The girl is an embarrassment to herself.

Generally or specifically because of her views on the programme?

Latest