Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Oh man. Everyone knew this documentary was going to turn out this way. I was in a couple of things they filmed for it and had to sign a disclaimer to be shown on it etc etc, as I know Alice - (through school activities). It's not official that's she been expelled but the headmistress tried everything to get the programme pulled from the TV schedule and by Friday morning, they had multitudes of hate mail through their front door. She also didn't come into school on the Friday - if she had any sense, she wouldn't go back, the students are absolutely outraged.

I'm SO happy that my face is actually nowhere on the program. The girl is an embarrassment to herself.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by popsicle900)

I'm SO happy that my face is actually nowhere on the program. The girl is an embarrassment to herself.
    Generally or specifically because of her views on the programme?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vintage <3)
    Yeah
    Ah okay, thought I recognised the uniform. Apparently my friend has her number.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Haft_Hasht_Shish)
    Generally or specifically because of her views on the programme?

Generally. She's pretty obnoxious in real life. However, I think most of it is parental influence - when concerned with the views she shared on the programme.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Calumcalum)
    If you want lots of lulz, post it here and watch the hate texts FLOWWWW

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by popsicle900)
    Generally. She's pretty obnoxious in real life. However, I think most of it is parental influence - when concerned with the views she shared on the programme.
    The girl may be a total prat with her comments, but the production company edited that programme, and hung her out to dry.

All we got was rich girl nonsense about the people living down the other end of the street while the poor girl is made out to be Mother Theresa, who is taking care of her little brother and mum.

It would be interesting if the production team had allowed the poor girl to let us know her views of the rich end of her street. But of course that wouldn't suit the 'message' of the programme.

I've gone from wanting to take a piece of 2x4 and bat rich girl round the head with it, to actually feeling sorry for her. She's only a kid when all is said and done and she is simply reflecting her parents attitudes. The production company used and set her up for all kinds of abuse. If there isn't a law against doing stuff like that to kids, then there should be.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jinglepupskye)
    The girl may be a total prat with her comments, but the production company edited that programme, and hung her out to dry.

All we got was rich girl nonsense about the people living down the other end of the street while the poor girl is made out to be Mother Theresa, who is taking care of her little brother and mum.

It would be interesting if the production team had allowed the poor girl to let us know her views of the rich end of her street. But of course that wouldn't suit the 'message' of the programme.

I've gone from wanting to take a piece of 2x4 and bat rich girl round the head with it, to actually feeling sorry for her. She's only a kid when all is said and done and she is simply reflecting her parents attitudes. The production company used and set her up for all kinds of abuse. If there isn't a law against doing stuff like that to kids, then there should be.

Agreed. I think a lot of the blame lies with the parents though for giving consent for her to appear in the program (she's underage obviously). They should've known the repercussions that would come out of it. They've also clearly plied her with a very one sided view of society which has led to her general ignorant comments. Her mother especially came out with some pretty imbecilic things.

I might be wrong, but I think she got the chance to be on the show through a family friend which means that she got absolutely ****** over by someone they know.

As for Natalie, I think their family scenarios are so different, they're pretty much incomparable. There is far much more at work than just money. Natalie has had to go through insane hardships such as losing her father and her mother's battle with depression. Alice has never had to deal with that and is still an immature 15 year old.

ReputationRep:
    It's not a good thing to be mature at 15. Nobody should have to grow up in such a way at that age. The circumstances in which are necessary for early teenagers to become as 'responsible' as Natalie are disastrous and not the sort of thing you would wish on anybody.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Calumcalum)
    Huh?? :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    politics aside, i would roger the rich one.

that is all.

ReputationRep:
    :rolleyes: I wouldn't.

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys, does anyone know where I can watch this? I'm doing a TOK project on how upbringing effects your identity and perception and I think this could really help

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ratsr)
    have you checked the channel4.com website?
    Yeah, the only problem is that I live in Germany and they only allow access to people inside the UK...

ReputationRep:
    This was ages ago but I haven't seen it, where can I watch it??

ReputationRep:
    Oh man this was one of the best threads on TSR ever, I got so many negs.

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.