Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sharpshooter)
    I thought the rich girl represents the majoraty of people on this forum.:p:
    REP

ReputationRep:
    So, I (sadly) wasn't the only one who smirked when the rich kid got mugged..?

(Original post by 251)
    The poor one, tbh, If my mum was like that and my brother didnt have a room and i had to deal with all that stuff shes thrown with everyday, i wouldnt be emotionally stable either
    Seconded.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by **CutiePie**)
    Views on it?

The poor kid is really annoying, as if you act like that on TV!
    The rich kid- She needs to be pulled down a peg or two "Does that make me sound like a snob" :eek:
    Edit a "Who do you hate more?" poll into the thread! But now now, wait til the end, because I think people will change their minds :p:

EDIT: Actually, I can think of a better question. Will tell you at the end!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emilyjane_09)
    It just seems so extreme. Some of the things being said are disgusting.
    That's because it makes good TV.

There are not many people with such extreme views in real life are there? The rich girl is just a naive, bigoted, ignorant, but clever with real prospects, young LADY.

The black girl is a typical aggressive, stereotype, chav which conforms to the media stereotype with single parent on benefits, 2 children she cannot support, a child that needs to be in school and isn't because she is too lazy. This conforms perfectly to The Sun stereotype.

Do you think these people are picked out of a hat?

ReputationRep:
    Hahaaa, the meeting is sooo awkward!!!! Eek.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gbduo)

There are not many people with such extreme views in real life are there? The rich girl is just a naive, bigoted, ignorant, but clever with real prospects, young LADY.

The black girl is a typical aggressive, stereotype, chav which conforms to the media stereotype with single parent on benefits, 2 children she cannot support, a child that needs to be in school and isn't because she is too lazy. This conforms perfectly to The Sun stereotype.

I should have probably just said "I didn't know people like this existed!". Mainly because I don't come into contact with either.

ReputationRep:
    I don't like either of them.

The rich kid is so up her own and the poor ones got such a bad attitude and is so angry, though considering her upbringing its understandable.

ReputationRep:
    The rich kid got kicked out of her school as she gave the school a bad name... :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emilyjane_09)
    I should have probably just said "I didn't know people like this existed!". Mainly because I don't come into contact with either.
    Yeh, fair play.

No nor did I.

I don't think anyone should form any opinions on this.

ReputationRep:
    I wonder who paid for the boat trip :teeth:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by natty_d)
    The rich kid got kicked out of her school as she gave the school a bad name... :yep:
    is that true? i hope it is she deserves it she is utter scum

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sharpshooter)
    I thought the rich girl represents the majoraty of people on this forum.:p:
    :yep:

ReputationRep:
    Only tuned into the last half an hour. Could someone summarise the first half pleasseeee =] xxx

ReputationRep:
    The rich girl is just her mother's mouthpiece, it is easy to see why she is so detestable when they show the two together. I also wonder why people "don't realise she's bright when they first meet her"? It's, like, totally normal not to know that you can put your own wallpaper up.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by XCRUSHESX)
    Only tuned into the last half an hour. Could someone summarise the first half pleasseeee =] xxx
    Me to pleeeeeeeaaaase?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gbduo)

It's called Rich kid, Poor kid, not Rich kid Black kid. :rolleyes:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    I really like the rich kid for some reason. :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EskimoJo)
    It's called Rich kid, Poor kid, not Rich kid Black kid. :rolleyes:
    What are you trying to insinuate?

Rich White Girl Vs Poor Black Girl

Perfect Media sterotype. That was my point.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by james28291)
    is that true? i hope it is she deserves it she is utter scum
    Yep, I happen to go to another private school in the area, and some of the girls know of her and she was kicked out of her school for saying some of the ignorant things she said on the programme..... :yep:

ReputationRep:
    Rich kids 15?
    Whaaaat?!

I woulda. She's naive, really, really naive. But if you've been brought up like that then you don't really understand.

I appreciate wealth as I haven't had it my life.

I like her, although parts of them both annoy me.

Poll
Could you cope without Wifi?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.