Can We Just Get One Thing Sorted??? Watch

This discussion is closed.
shootingstar
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
Right.

Yes, I use a self harm support forum. Yes I suffer from depression. But I'm not a cutter.

So if the immature posters that make comments like "she'll cut her wrists" could kindly pack it in, it would be much appreciated.

Thank you...
Juno
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I agree
Johnny 5
Badges: 11
Report 14 years ago
You might as well put "I am not a nutter" in size ten type.
shootingstar
Rep:
?
(Original post by 2 + 2 = 5)
You might as well put "I am not a nutter" in size ten type.
half tempted to do that...
technik
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
yea...thanks for that.
enigmatic
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Maybe some people do not want to hear about self-harm and depression on this forum which isn't about depression. (note: this is not my opinion) I just looked at the posts you have started and a lot of them do have a suicidal/depression/self harm theme. (i'm only trying to guess why you have got a reaction from people - don't get annoyed at me )
IHavePMS
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by shootingstar)
Right.

Yes, I use a self harm support forum. Yes I suffer from depression. But I'm not a cutter.

So if the immature posters that make comments like "she'll cut her wrists" could kindly pack it in, it would be much appreciated.

Thank you...
I understand your concern but think about it, if everyone were to go stating exactly what they do not like being called or described as, and this turned out to be binding on all of us, the internet would be a very difficult place to be. There are some very pathetic people on board, so best thing is to just ignore the crude comments because you expose yourself to this risk the second you start posting on a forum.
Johnny 5
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by enigmatic)
Maybe some people do not want to hear about self-harm and depression on this forum which isn't about depression. (note: this is not my opinion) I just looked at the posts you have started and a lot of them do have a suicidal/depression/self harm theme. (i'm only trying to guess why you have got a reaction from people - don't get annoyed at me )
Yes, you're right. People don't want to hear about things like depression, they want to hear about everyday teenage issues, and enter into deep, meaningful discussion. Not hear about depressed people.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm off to post in the "Small boobs" thread, and then read yet another thread about virginity. Or phones.
saiyamanadingdongbanana
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Right.

Thank you...

Hi there, if you need any advice or whatever, PM me. Or go on that site, but ignore immature posters, because they are annoying and they dont understand your situation properly, and should be ashamed of being 'racist' toward a fellow student.
ToshTrent
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Right.

Thank you...
May I ask. What does self harming involve if it does not involve cutting?

Thank you.
Harv616
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
There are always those who dont understand how others feel and are stuck in there own little world where they are fine and just because they are everyone else is too.

Its just how the world works
pink_lucie
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by ToshTrent)

Thank you.
yeah i thought it was all cutting and stuff :confused:
Johnny 5
Report 14 years ago
yeah i thought it was all cutting and stuff
"Well, basically, I get a small oil-soaked rag, wrap it around my arm, and stick it in an oven at gas mark 5 for about half an hour. When the blood starts coming out, I take it out, and run to the hospital".

Do you REALLY NEED to know that badly??
No Future
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago

Thank you.
Burning, hitting, ODing, plucking (like trichotillomania, but less OCD, more to punish oneself)...Maybe EDs to a point....
SciFi25
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by No Future)
Burning, hitting, ODing, plucking (like trichotillomania, but less OCD, more to punish oneself)
Basically anything you can do to yourself to replace emotional pain with physical pain.
shootingstar
Rep:
?
"Well, basically, I get a small oil-soaked rag, wrap it around my arm, and stick it in an oven at gas mark 5 for about half an hour. When the blood starts coming out, I take it out, and run to the hospital".

you know, you really aren't in the slightest bit funny.
Johnny 5
Report 14 years ago
you know, you really aren't in the slightest bit funny.
You know, you really fail to understand irony.
ToshTrent
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago

If you're being serious I thank you for sharing.
ToshTrent
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by No Future)
Burning, hitting, ODing, plucking (like trichotillomania, but less OCD, more to punish oneself)...Maybe EDs to a point....
Thank you. EDs?
shootingstar
Rep:
?
Thank you. EDs?
eating disorders...

also, excessive drug use is often considered, as well as more extreme forms which I will not go into...
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (102)
24.06%
No (322)
75.94%

Watched Threads