Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Ankylophobia- Fear of immobility of a joint. how strange

ReputationRep:
    No.

ReputationRep:
    None really; I'm scared of a lot of the things but I wouldn't say it's a phobia. That said, I'm pretty shaky using telephones, but only to people I've not met/seen. Eek, it makes my throat all dry, makes me stutter. I have to practice what I say for about ten minutes before hand.:eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Redpanda91)
    I've spent ages just laughing at the randomness of some of these! They're hilarious... "fear of peanut butter sticking to the roof of your mouth" is one that made me laugh because I have a peanut allergy, so I guess that should be my phobia :p:
    But then it wouldn't be a phobia, would it?
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by fabulous_darling)
    This - Automatonophobia- Fear of ventriloquist's dummies.

This - Bathmophobia- Fear of stairs or steep slopes. (actually just stone spiral staircases)

And the opposite of this - Plutophobia- Fear of wealth.
    me too- absolutely hate spiral staircases and steep slopes, going down them is worse than going up. Other than that I hate polystyrene and funnily enough, so does my twin sister. The squeeky noise it makes and the texture is just horrible. Yes, I'm odd.

ReputationRep:
    this Anuptaphobia- Fear of staying single. <which is supprisingly unhealthy to have
    and this one which they didnt decide i had untill after i left school - Didaskaleinophobia- Fear of going to school. > they used to drag me there crying everyday
    x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Profesh)
    But then it wouldn't be a phobia, would it?
    No you're right it really wouldn't, it'd be a completely rational fear!

ReputationRep:
    I've a moderate fear of heights, but I'd say that's entirely within reason given my generally abominable sense of balance and depth-perception; indeed, it isn't so much a fear of heights as one of falling.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Profesh)
    I've a moderate fear of heights, but I'd say that's entirely within reason given my generally abominable sense of balance and depth-perception; indeed, it isn't so much a fear of heights as one of falling.
    Same here, my fear is mainly of falling which is why escalators petrify me... hmm I wonder if escalators is on there. Also I have apiphobia - fear of bees, and wasps as well whatever that one is! I will make up a word "vespaphobia" :p:
    EDIT: Fear of wasps is actually Spheksophobia, however that's said :p:

ReputationRep:
    looollll what the hell...?!:lolwut:
    Auroraphobia- Fear of Northern lights.
    Bolshephobia- Fear of Bolsheviks
    Caligynephobia- Fear of beautiful women
    Deipnophobia- Fear of dining or dinner conversations
    Hellenologophobia- Fear of Greek terms or complex scientific terminology
    :rofl::rofl:

ReputationRep:
    fear of baked beans!! :O
    trying to find if theres a name for it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iloveshopping)
    fear of baked beans!! :O
    trying to find if theres a name for it!
    There was a guy on T.V with that, on Trisha or something, he got over it and got into a tub full of them on the show :rofl:

Good for him though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Redpanda91)
    Same here, my fear is mainly of falling which is why escalators petrify me... hmm I wonder if escalators is on there. Also I have apiphobia - fear of bees, and wasps as well whatever that one is! I will make up a word "vespaphobia" :p:
    I've a fear of wasps also, but again I'd say that's rational insofar as I fear pain: I don't mind bees, by extension, because they tend to be quite docile.

ReputationRep:
    It's not on the list but I have a fear of subways, which is apparently known as 'bathysiderodromophobia'.

ReputationRep:
    Bogyphobia- Fear of bogeys or the bogeyman.

^ :laugh:

Neophobia- Fear of anything new.

That must be hard to deal with. o_O

ReputationRep:
    Hippopotomonstrosesquippedalioph obia- Fear of long words.

I found this one ironic.

ReputationRep:
    i dont think i have any just mild fears, most of mine just come under OCD's like i cant have open doors ect.
    but i would say i find it hard to breathe when crossing a brigde and have a fear of deep water - yet i love shallow swimming pools
    but i remember up till the age of 12 i had a really bad fear of escalators and it would drive my mum insane, she left me once at the bottom of an esculator coz i wouldnt go down it and i started crying until she finished her shopping and came back for me

ReputationRep:
    One of my friends has a genuine phobia of crisps.
    I don't know what thats called though...

ReputationRep:
    I hate it when you stamp on newspaper and rub it with your foot!!! it goes through me even when thinking about it- HELP!

ReputationRep:
    I used to have emetophobia. I haven't puked in 10 years lol. I got treated though so it's a-okay.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.