Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Norfolkadam)
    My phobia doesn't have a fancy name. It's just a fear of cows.

Maybe I could call it Bovinephobia.
    Fear of... cows? Hmm I guess they are a bit scary, I found myself in the middle of a field where they were all standing and looking at me once. Don't ask :p:

ReputationRep:
    I think i have so many of those :sad: :getmecoat:

(Consecotaleophobia - what?!?!?!)

ReputationRep:
    Is there a name for a phobia of escalators

ReputationRep:
    Phobophobia - Fear of fear/phobias.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by debrajane)
    Is there a name for a phobia of escalators
    I have that one too I'm not sure what the name is, but I guess it's fear of falling really. They petrify me, tube stations are a nightmare =/

ReputationRep:
    I have a fear of matchboxes, you know the striker bit? I imagine people scraping their nails on them and...urgh.

ReputationRep:
    I have a fear of the thought/feel of fabric on my teeth. Just the thought makes me cringe! lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Redpanda91)
    I have that one too I'm not sure what the name is, but I guess it's fear of falling really. They petrify me, tube stations are a nightmare =/
    Shopping centres are a nightmare! When you want to get back to the ground floor, and you have to go down 4 of them. It makes me shudder thinking about it. I can deal with the ones going up...just.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Norfolkadam)
    My phobia doesn't have a fancy name. It's just a fear of cows.

Maybe I could call it Bovinephobia.
    Snap! at least i'm not the only one!

ReputationRep:
    Aeroacrophobia- Fear of open high places

I LOVE planes, but I'd find myself very scared if I stood on the edge of s tall building for fear of jumping off lol (is that irrational?)

And maybe claustrophobia. :nopity:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by debrajane)
    Shopping centres are a nightmare! When you want to get back to the ground floor, and you have to go down 4 of them. It makes me shudder thinking about it. I can deal with the ones going up...just.
    I have trouble with both, on the up ones I'm ok until a certain height and then it feels like the step is closing in around my feet and my legs feel like jelly :p: And on the down ones.. well, it's really getting on them in the first place and the first down bit that scares me, after that sometimes I can walk on them!
    Ah it's a weird one =/

ReputationRep:
    i dont think this is even on the list but i have a wierddd fear of swallowing tablets.. like i think itl get stuck in my throat or somethin 8-) so i kinda have to break a paracetamol into about 4/5 small peices :|

(Original post by Redpanda91)
    Fear of... cows? Hmm I guess they are a bit scary, I found myself in the middle of a field where they were all standing and looking at me once. Don't ask :p:
    I was once in Horsham in Sussex and accidently stumbled into a field of cows and had a panic attack. :no:

I am so glad Cravendale don't show these adverts any more, they were my worst nightmare.

ReputationRep:
    Ornithophobia - fear of birds. It's not quite irrational, I don't think. All my friends take the mick... I think this may be due to my reaction to birds though... I tend to cry, freeze and if they're lucky, maybe a little vomit.

The feathers;
    How many germs must be on them things?
    The hard bit in them, are they bones?
    Does it hurt them if they fall out?
    They feel gross.

The wings;
    They move too fast.
    How do they not bend backwads when they fly?
    How thin are teh bones in them things?

The legs;
    THEY HAVE CLAWS!
    They're scabby and pink.

The head;
    There's no seperation between the face and the neck - it's just one column.
    It's a relitivly small head.

The becks:
    Is it a nose or a mouth?
    Is it both?!
    What is it made out of, bone?
    No teeth?

The eyes:
    THE EYES ARE THE WORST THING.
    THEY'RE SO BEADY AND BLACK - THEY HAVE NONE OF THE WHITE BITS.

THERE ISN'T ANY WHITE BITS IN THEIR EYES!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.