The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Tedious Procedures in Durham University

Hi everyone,
Just joined Durham Uni for my postgraduate/masters and this is my second week with poor reception by the admin staff. My biggest concern is that no one in the offices is willing to help and this same problem almost made me miss registration even after following all procedures. Is this the norm? Anyone in Durham who can advise on how to maneuver future situations like this?
Original post by Dead13pool
Hi everyone,
Just joined Durham Uni for my postgraduate/masters and this is my second week with poor reception by the admin staff. My biggest concern is that no one in the offices is willing to help and this same problem almost made me miss registration even after following all procedures. Is this the norm? Anyone in Durham who can advise on how to maneuver future situations like this?

I've moved your thread to the Durham forum :smile:
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Original post by Dead13pool
Hi everyone,

Hiya

May I ask which department admin was this? Sometimes admins take longer to respond and this is mostly because certain departments are still working from home. I know finance department takes quite long to respond to your queries but others like scholarships, academic departments etc reply quite quickly because they'e working from office now. When I had an urgent matter to pick up with the finance department and they weren't responding to my emails, I went to the reception in the Palatine Centre and the lady there got in touch with them over chat and really helped me out. I'd say do the same- locate the building in which the department is supposed to be situated and the receptionists there would be happy to help you out :smile:

-Himieka

Quick Reply

Latest