Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I want to study Medicine and am definitely taking Chem,Bio,Physics,Maths but I'm not sure what to do for my 5th A-Level/perhaps only as. options are rs, french, psychology and sociology. which one would look better? think french would be the most highest respected?
    thanks guys (:

ReputationRep:
    forget about which would be most respected - just take whichever you think you will enjoy the most, all of them are fine

ReputationRep:
    As long as you meet their requirements, universities really don't mind what you do. Do whatever you like!

ReputationRep:
    You are already doing 4. Another is purely superfluous, do what you will enjoy.

ReputationRep:
    Taking 5 really isn't necessary but if you must, you might as well take the one you'll enjoy most.

ReputationRep:
    Just stick with the four IMO - a lot of people who do five are the ones who do maths & further maths

ReputationRep:
    french is the most "respected" out of all of them, but its not necessary for you to take this subject if you don't like it, as you will not need it

ReputationRep:
    Well, considering its medicine, physcology would be the most obvious choice. Its true that French is well respected...but its also a lot harder, and given your current 4 choices, are you sure you would be able to keep up???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lola1993)
    I want to study Medicine and am definitely taking Chem,Bio,Physics,Maths but I'm not sure what to do for my 5th A-Level/perhaps only as. options are rs, french, psychology and sociology. which one would look better? think french would be the most highest respected?
    thanks guys (:
    To be honest, anything would be fine. You've got your main 4 and that's what counts, anything else would just be extra. Outta interest, why are you taking 5 AS?

ReputationRep:
    To be honest, anything would be fine. You've got your main 4 and that's what counts, anything else would just be extra. Outta interest, why are you taking 5 AS?
    At my school, if you take 4AS's you have to do General Studies or Critical Thinking whereas if you do 5, you don't have too. (:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lola1993)
    At my school, if you take 4AS's you have to do General Studies or Critical Thinking whereas if you do 5, you don't have too. (:
    Ah, alright. I've never understood why some school's try and make their students do 5 AS when 3 A-Levels is the norm.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.