Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I assume public schools create and mark examination papers on site. watch

ReputationRep:
    Because that would explain the A*A*A*A*A*A*A*A*A*A*A*A*A* stereotype on here. I am watching a documentary on C4 and this so called rich public school girl is thick as ****.

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    Well. There are obviously gonna be some dumb people at private schools.

ReputationRep:
    She's repulsive isn't she?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Barry Chuckle)
    Because that would explain the A*A*A*A*A*A*A*A*A*A*A*A*A* stereotype on here. I am watching a documentary on C4 and this so called rich public school girl is thick as ****.
    Just because you are rich does not make you intelligent :rolleyes:

There is not a magic wand that comes down as soon as you break into 100k/year and makes all your kids intelligent over night! How good would that be!

You could go to the best public school in the world, pay £50k a term, and yet, still be a dumb ****, can't really help that.

She is not stupid, she is just ignorant, naive and bigoted. There is a difference.

ReputationRep:
    idiot OP?

ReputationRep:
    can someone answer my question.
    do public schools use external examination boards, if so which?

ReputationRep:
    The same ones as State schools.

OCR, Edexcel, AQA, etc.

ReputationRep:
    Originally Posted by Barry Chuckle
    of course they do lol.....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gbduo)
    explain the typical high grade stereotype then.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gbduo)
    But it helps :p:

No, it doesn't really. lol

ReputationRep:
    Its an unfounded stereotype or the level of education is private schools is better, the home environment in which children who go to private schools is more encouraging of learning, these children have high ambitions and are thus self motivated.

But then there are still private school kids who are dossers and wasters, they would be chavs normally. In fact, think Tim Westwood, he went to private school and look how much of an idiot he is.

ReputationRep:
    because being good at exams is totally different to being intelligent. My exam results probably put me amongst the top of the country but i don't have a genius iq. Private schools, went to one myself, just train you to ace exams until your fingers bleed. it has nothing to do with intellect.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gbduo)
    Its an unfounded stereotype or the level of education is private schools is better, the home environment in which children who go to private schools is more encouraging of learning, these children have high ambitions and are thus self motivated.

But then there are still private school kids who are dossers and wasters, they would be chavs normally. In fact, think Tim Westwood, he went to private school and look how much of an idiot he is.
    my teacher at my school once said to me that if i'd been born on a council estate i'd have been in prison. i was a trouble maker. i still got best results in the school for gcse and As tho so they just turned a blind eye lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kklol)
    because being good at exams is totally different to being intelligent. My exam results probably put me amongst the top of the country but i don't have a genius iq. Private schools, went to one myself, just train you to ace exams until your fingers bleed. it has nothing to do with intellect.
    Agreement! I'm no cleverer than anyone who didn't go to a private school, in fact many of them have far more natrual intelligence than me. I've just been taught how the system works.

Public schools can pay for the best staff, the best equipment, and the best environment for students. Also, successful parents can often have an impact on their childrens' successes.

ReputationRep:
    Um...don't really know what you guys are talking about... The girl isn't that bad. Her mum is Much worse. Racist pig and all...

Also, of course there's a correlation between wealth and intelligence. Not a causal factor as such but...Intelligent parents usually get better paying jobs, and therefore pass that intelligence down towards their children...Of course this is not all the time, hardly, but there is a relationship between money and intelligence...

btw.. Kkol. i love ALL the posts i've seen from you.. Pos rep comin your way (not actually for the above post, but for others!)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kklol)
    my teacher at my school once said to me that if i'd been born on a council estate i'd have been in prison. i was a trouble maker. i still got best results in the school for gcse and As tho so they just turned a blind eye lol
    Yeh, and you speak the truth about the exams too. That is what my private school did, but then so did my state school so meh. Just the private school put more emphasis and taught me how to pass the exam better than the state school did!

ReputationRep:
    It's easier to kick kids out of Private Schools if they misbehave.

ReputationRep:
    I've experienced the opposite: at private school I get taught beyond the exam syllabus.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.