Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

can i still get into oxbridge even though i has a 'managed move' 2 years ago Watch

ReputationRep:
    I'm in Year 11 and want to go to either Cambridge or Oxford. Problem is, I had a managed move (basically had to move to another school or my old school would have expelled me) a couple of years ago and was wondering if uni's would see that? i don't think they would but am not sure. because its not classed as expulsion or anything. i've worked hard and behaved myself since! x

ReputationRep:
    Well unless your school writes it in your reference, I don't see how they'd find out. If you keep up the way you're doing now, I don't see why the school would be evil enough to tell them. But why don't you just email some admission tutors if you're that worried? They won't remember you in 3 years time!

Some would say its quite an achievement to make such a u-turn. I don't think tutors would count that against you at all.

ReputationRep:
    Tutors don't care about this kind of thing, why would they? As long as you demonstrate that you can do work to a high level, demonstrate potential in your subject then they'll be more than happy to accept you. Just work hard, ace the admissions process and that'll see you through. Easier said than done of course, but don't worry about this for now.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Of course you can, but nobody here will be able to tell you whether you will.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lola1993)
    I'm in Year 11 and want to go to either Cambridge or Oxford. Problem is, I had a managed move (basically had to move to another school or my old school would have expelled me) a couple of years ago and was wondering if uni's would see that? i don't think they would but am not sure. because its not classed as expulsion or anything. i've worked hard and behaved myself since! x
    I got chucked out of my school in Jan of year 11, then couldn't get into another school. They must have realised because it was on my UCAS form that my last school was from Sept 04-Jan06.

I got an interview at Oxford (although no offer). But they asked no questions, so I told no lies

And it was most definitely down to my interview performance that I didn't get an offer.

ReputationRep:
    As others have said , unless it's going on your reference then the admissions tutors won't get to find out.They even might look at you more favorably given your past as it shows you've made mistakes but have learned from them and worked hard to get into that position.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.