GCSE Maths Coursework 2005 T Shape!? Watch

This discussion is closed.
Neo1
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
Hello, I've recently received a GCSE maths coursework on T shapes and I'm a bit confused can anyone here help me out a bit or give me some tips on how i can start or some working out!?

Thanks for your time

From John Wood
wippa_dippa
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Hiya!

Hope this isn't too late!

Ok. To start the coursework you need to create a table of numbers (10x10 usually does the trick.) Now, create T shapes in different places on the grid e.g. squares 1, 2, 3, 12 & 22 make one T shape. Record your findings into a table of results and analyse your findings - this should give you a good start to the investigation and allow you to form some ideas.

Hope this helps - good luck
Let me know how it goes :hello:

Wippa
prospector60
Badges:
Report 14 years ago
hey..sorry i cant help you with your coursework but i actually wanted to know if anyone has any idea of how to do the maths coursework on
"Emma's Dilema"....My brother hasnt been to school for a long time and doesnt have a clue on what to do.

Any help/advice would be apprectiated
manps
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
see this link for examples of emma dilemma coursework, good luck
http://www.coursework.info/96/
Chewwy
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
hmm, i did this in year 9. isn't it a bit easy for gcse?

anyway, the drill's the same: do a table with the first x number of results, work out a formula using the number. prove the formula relating it to the pattern. Then investigate another more complex shape.
Twiglet
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
yeah i did this as a practice coursework about 4 years ago, arent you meant to relate the 't-number' ( the number at the bottom of the t) to the sum of the numbers in the t ?? I remember finding a formula for this on a 10x10 grid (sorry, cant remember what that is!) and then I went onto investigate different sized t's and then went on to different sized grids and found general formulae for all of this - i think they were formulae to work out the sum of all the numbers in the t, given the 't-number'
Sorry, that is quite jumbled, but it gives you an idea of what sort of investigation I did to begin with and how I advanced/extended my investigation.... and as I said, sorry I cant remember the formulae, I did it when i was 13
dangreen7
Report 14 years ago
hiya, I am about to start the T shape coursework, I am in my 2nd year of 6th form and need a C in maths which I havnt got yet as I had glandulafeever in yr 11, bit unlucky really. Is there any formula I need to know for it? or any useful advice you could tell me please. what grade have u got for the coursework?? Wb dan. Thanks again.
dangreen7
Report 14 years ago
hiya, I am about to start the T shape coursework, I am in my 2nd year of 6th form and need a C in maths which I havnt got yet as I had glandulafeever in yr 11, bit unlucky really. Is there any formula I need to know for it? or any useful advice you could tell me please. what grade have u got for the coursework?? Wb dan. Thanks again.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sun, 20 Oct '19
  • University for the Creative Arts
    Sun, 20 Oct '19
  • University of Gloucestershire
    Sun, 20 Oct '19

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (59)
67.05%
No I haven't decided yet (19)
21.59%
Yes but I might change my mind (10)
11.36%

Watched Threads