Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone else think Link's Awakening is one of the best games ever?

Just played through it for the first time in about 12 years, I dunno if it's just the nostalgia but it really seems to be pretty much the perfect handheld game, definitely going to try and find copies of Oracle of Ages/Seasons to see if they compare. Has anyone played Minish Cap aswell? It looks great graphically but i'm not too sure about the whole shrinking thing...

ReputationRep:
    Took me a year to finish that the first time. Yes, a decade ago I was crap at games. But the point is, damned good game.

ReputationRep:
    My favourite game is still Ocarina of Time... I still have my N64 in my room just for that game! <3

ReputationRep:
    Which one was that? The one with the thing at the end and you had to do something to wake it up? Haha... very specific!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by linkdapink)
    Which one was that? The one with the thing at the end and you had to do something to wake it up? Haha... very specific!
    Yeah that's the one! Actually one of the most cliche endings ever but somehow they manage to pull it off...

ReputationRep:
    I enjoyed Minish Cap, it was a little easy but a solid little title...

Albeit A Link to the Past wins the winrar title in my books...and Phantom Hourglass was pretty suckish.

ReputationRep:
    yep, links awakening >>>> phantom hourglass, no contest.

ReputationRep:
    i don't know what was wrong with phantom hourglass, I can't think of anything that was particularly wrong with it (i didnt mind the stylus control) but i didnt really feel any motivation to complete it either. Actually that phantom temple or whatever it was called was annoying enough to make me want to turn it off whenever I had to go back there...

ReputationRep:
    yep going back to the temple every 2 seconds was maddening, and i know exactly what you mean, i got a sort of apathy to the game pretty quickly, same thing happened with twilight princess, new zelda games are way overrated in my eyes.

ReputationRep:
    A Link to the Past became one of the best handheld games ever when it was re-released for GBA, it's amazing. I really enjoyed The Minish Cap too. I *hated* Phantom Hourglass - the control system annoyed the crap out of me, I just wanted traditional controls and the better graphics that the DS could provide. Just because you *can* do interesting things with the DS doesn't mean you can **** with a classic by doing it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Apocalypte)
    A Link to the Past became one of the best handheld games ever when it was re-released for GBA, it's amazing.
    Just won this on ebay, played the original through on an emulator but will be good to have a portable version... if only i could persuade 3 other people to buy it, i imagine four swords must be quality!

ReputationRep:
    Link's Awakening is pretty damn flawless.

Definitely one of the best Zeldas.

Phantom Hourglass = LOL TERRIBLE.

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.