This discussion is closed.
ponjavic
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
(Original post by wild thing)
lol
don't you people know this expression? Originates from 'Peanuts' (snoopy).
'I stand comforted.' ????? no??
Man you people need some serious cultural wisdom...

(I could teach you...I don't ask a lot of money per hour.. )
I meant why it came out consorted!
Was fun reading your explanation though :p:
Wild Thing
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by ponjavic)
I meant why it came out consorted!
Was fun reading your explanation though :p:
LOL
I still don't get the thing about 'consorted' though I meant comforted and as I am a girl who types very fast ( :rolleyes: ) I made a mitake with the n and m....

*nods to try and not look stupid for not undertanding what Mr. Ponjavic could ever mean*
ponjavic
Rep:
?
LOL
I still don't get the thing about 'consorted' though I meant comforted and as I am a girl who types very fast ( :rolleyes: ) I made a mitake with the n and m....

*nods to try and not look stupid for not undertanding what Mr. Ponjavic could ever mean*
I'd understand typing n instead of m but s instead of f? It's a two-key jump, plus it's two typingerrors in a row, this is random at its finest work

Wait, are we hi-jacking my thread? :confused:
I suddenly got a new perspective on hi-jacking, I need to get my answers you know
Wild Thing
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I'd understand typing n instead of m but s instead of f? It's a two-key jump, plus it's two typingerrors in a row, this is random at its finest work

Wait, are we hi-jacking my thread? :confused:
I suddenly got a new perspective on hi-jacking, I need to get my answers you know
:rofl: :rofl: oh WTF...here have my rep..Mr.Bjarh can wait 24 hours :p:
that was a realyl funny comment...:laugh:
AND i do stand to what I said before: 'conforted' and NOT consorted like you think.
i stand comforted. punto. :cool: :rolleyes:
ponjavic
Rep:
?
:rofl: :rofl: oh WTF...here have my rep..Mr.Bjarh can wait 24 hours :p:
that was a realyl funny comment...:laugh:
AND i do stand to what I said before: 'conforted' and NOT consorted like you think.
i stand comforted. punto. :cool: :rolleyes:
Damn that explains it :/
No give bjarh the rep! Just put me up for tomorrow!
galadriel100
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
When I'm talking with someone, I don't look at their eyes too much. It makes me feel weird if I do. I look around the room, at food if Im eating, at my hands. How much eye contact are you supposed to give someone? If you look at them for too long wont they feel uncomfortable?
Muse
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
look into my eyes; the eyes...the eyes, not around the eyes. don't look around my eyes, look into my eyes. you're under.

I hope that answers your question.
horrorboy
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
What does this mean, how do you exactly look someone in the eyes.
When talking to people you're basically supposed to look them in the eyes or atleast at them. When looking someone in the eyes do you look between the eyes, look at one of the eyes, which or random, split your eyes so your left eyes look at persons left or your left looks at persons right (crosseyed?).

Also during a conversation most people tend to look someone in the eyes briefly then look at something random then back again, why is this, does it have anything to do with insecurity or maybe people don't like being stared at :P

Anyway I find this kind of interesting as I simply can't understand it.
What's your take on it?
if you notice, people like teachers, councellors (from what ive heard) and id say more women than men do look and talk to you for ages without taking their eyes away. its kinda uncomfortable cause i can no way stare at them back i have to look away.
As for picking an eye i always choose their left eye i dunno why :confused:
Luize
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I don't like eye contact. Makes me very nervous.
I usually look behind the person, if it's a friend. If I don't know them I tend to look at my hands or any object around the room
curryADD
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
When talking to people you're basically supposed to look them in the eyes or atleast at them. When looking someone in the eyes do you look between the eyes, look at one of the eyes, which or random, split your eyes so your left eyes look at persons left or your left looks at persons right (crosseyed?).

Also during a conversation most people tend to look someone in the eyes briefly then look at something random then back again, why is this, does it have anything to do with insecurity or maybe people don't like being stared at :P

What's your take on it?
usually i focus on the whole face.

only when I really like someone do i stare into their eyes per se.
Makavelli_07
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago

What's your take on it?
LMAO... That post was quality. The crosseyed part, lol, great fun.

Just like many of you, i have a problem making eye contact with someone in conversation. Makes me feel like i'm staring. A flirty glance or wink is cool though.
pissface
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Hmm...When I talk with people, I usually look at their face. Focus on their expressions. Their smile, frown, cringe etc. I look at their eyes breifly and then return focus to the big picture.
ponjavic
Rep:
?
(Original post by Makavelli_07)
LMAO... That post was quality. The crosseyed part, lol, great fun.

Just like many of you, i have a problem making eye contact with someone in conversation. Makes me feel like i'm staring. A flirty glance or wink is cool though.
Good that I'm funny when I aint trying and not funny when I try
ponjavic
Rep:
?
curryAdd had a decent answer, what I wanted to know what really how you look someone in the eyes when your doing it, are you looking at a fixed spot? If so which. Do you move your eyes around, then how?

I'm not saying I have a problem with it I just want to know how most people do it!
Alice2411
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago

What's your take on it?

yeah i do exactly what u say, if i talk to someone i will look straight at their eyes, but every couple of seoconds il cglance away cause i dont like staring, or being stared at! its just a bit freaky!
Eru Iluvatar
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I've never really been any good at eye contact, because i'm always conscious that they might think i'm staring or something.
rainjan_4now
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I plan on getting my lower lip pierced, mostly to act as a diversion when people speak to me, avoiding respectable eye contact on my behalf- which i cannot bear because i get all embarassed, and forget what i was talking about!
Golden Maverick
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
curryAdd had a decent answer, what I wanted to know what really how you look someone in the eyes when your doing it, are you looking at a fixed spot? If so which. Do you move your eyes around, then how?

I'm not saying I have a problem with it I just want to know how most people do it!
In general I'll keep eye contact as much as possible. If it's someone I like (esp female) then I probably err on the side of staring, if it's a tutor or someone teaching me I make eye contact but look away occasionally, especiallly as if you make eye contact you tend to get asked questions.
So where to look,...either eye if close or imbtween if further away.
I do tend to make eye contact with strangers than I should - if I'm looking at a person I always look them in the eye. Never had any trouble.
ponjavic
Rep:
?
(Original post by Alice2411)
yeah i do exactly what u say, if i talk to someone i will look straight at their eyes, but every couple of seoconds il cglance away cause i dont like staring, or being stared at! its just a bit freaky!
The thing is you can't look straight at their eyes. You can't separate your eyes to look at both of the person's eyes at the same time so you have to fix them somewhere, where do you fix them?
I usually fix mine on either left eye or in between :/
neha p
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
i normally look inot the eyes of the person im talking to..but i dont have a fixed stare, cos i find it hard to focus on both eyes at the same time, so i have to move from one eye to the other. but this is only when im quite close to someone...if there is some distance between us, then i just look somewhere between the eyes.
you know what they say...eyes never lie
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (24)
6.86%
They might tell the bully (33)
9.43%
I don't think they'd understand (53)
15.14%
It might lead to more bullying (135)
38.57%
There's nothing they could do (105)
30%

Watched Threads