This discussion is closed.
ponjavic
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
(Original post by neha p)
i normally look inot the eyes of the person im talking to..but i dont have a fixed stare, cos i find it hard to focus on both eyes at the same time, so i have to move from one eye to the other. but this is only when im quite close to someone...if there is some distance between us, then i just look somewhere between the eyes.
you know what they say...eyes never lie
Yey, good answer!

Do you think you look weird while switching focus?
Golden Maverick
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by neha p)
you know what they say...eyes never lie
They can learn how to, part of being good at lying I find :rolleyes:
lou p lou
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
i had a friend (who i fancied a silly amount) and he always made eye contact... it wasn''t freaky at all, just made you think that you were the only thing he was thinking about cos it was intense *sighs whistfully*

but some guys freak me out when they make eye contact... it's only sexy if it's returned... otherwise it's just staring

lou xxx
anchemis
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
lol... when you talk to ppl... LOOK THEM IN THE EYES.... if you tend to loose eye contact a lot... (look in the eye... look away... then look back repetively) its measn either you are scared to look them in the eyes or something is distracting your attention... its considered impolite
fordeletionpurposesonly.
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
When you talk to someone, it's polite to look them in the eyes - it shows that you're paying attention to what they're saying, meaning what they're saying is interesting to you. As for where to look, I've never really consciously chosen a spot to look at, just let my eyes stay at their eye level. It doesn't freak people out, if you're in coversation it shouldn't. I think it shows that you're nervous if you let your eyes wander all round the room, it does make the person talking feel like you're not listening, too. (First hand knowledge there - and the person actually wasn't listening, either). It's more considerate to at least pretend you're paying attention!

So, just look people in the eyes. Simple as. Even if you feel nervous about doing it, do it. You'll get used to it.

Also, if you wanna flirt with someone, hold their gaze across the bar or whatever for a few seconds longer than you would normally and then look away with a little smile . Works a treat . lol. Plus, you know whether they're interested or not, 'cause if they're not, they'll look away before you do.
Pizzadude
Badges: 0
Report 14 years ago
People in Britain don't like eye contact. I used to live in Germany and France for more than 20 years before moving to Britain three years ago.

In Germany, and even more so in France, there is eye contact everywhere, people are constantly checking each other out. It is regarded as unpolite to ignore other people.

In England, however, the exact opposite is the case. People hardly ever look at you, they avoid eye contact at any cost, because it is deemed 'unpolite' to 'stare' at other people. I am not sure about this, but I have the strong feeling that people in the South of England (and especially girls!!!) are even more shy than in the north.

Why are the British so cold-hearted? There is no flirting between people in this country, no romantic eye contact, absolutely nothing!! I have never had any 'hot' eye contact with a single girl in Britain, not at uni, not in bars, not in clubs, not in shops, not on the street, nowhere. Why is this so? Please help me out! I've always wanted to know...
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (115)
17.8%
It's just nice to be back! (177)
27.4%
Not great so far... (229)
35.45%
I want to drop out! (125)
19.35%

Watched Threads