Turn on thread page Beta

Manchester A-levels and Manchester in general. watch

ReputationRep:
    Hope you won't mind this question isn't really about Manchester UNIS, but i reckoned it'd be best forum to post in still, no?

Question:
    What good Sixth Form school or A level colleges are there in Manchester?

And how is Manchester? Atmosphere, studentlife? Nice streets and any good shopping? Any nice clubs within the indie, retro, twee or retro soul range?

And is it true that north England is much cheaper than south (food, drinks, rents - i've heard sometimes that EVERYTHING magically is cheaper?)

ReputationRep:
    The Manchester College is very good. Its newly formed from a merger of two sperate colleges. They have a lot of campuses all over Manchester with a pretty swish one called 'North Manchester Sixth Form'. It's only a few years old, is a fantastic building and overall a great college and I have very little (in my opinion) bad to say about it.

As for the costs, it depends really. Living costs are cheaper in the North, especially rent/housing etc. Some day to day items and clubs etc may be slightly cheaper but it's not a huge difference.

I kind of liken Manchester to a mini, cheaper London. It's obviously a lot smaller and cheaper, but it still has tons to do and operates at a slightly lower pace than London. Overall, it's a fantastic place to be for students.

See http://www.themanchestercollege.co.uk/

ReputationRep:
    Xaverian and Loretto are both really good college to study A-levels at in Manchester. I went to Xaverian and loved it.

I love Manchester, just moved from there to Liverpool for uni but I love coming back here. It's got everything.

Yeah thats right the North is chesper than the South. I notice when I go to London I pay over the odds for a bottle of water!

Poll
Could you cope without Wifi?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.