This discussion is closed.
Vienna
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Refused)
The poster has made some preconceived generalisation but i've seen worst stuff being posted here, it doesn't make it right ofcourse but I don't understand all the criticism.
Its a racist post, if people disagree with that then Im happy to discuss it.
technik
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
What's the difference between this and what the original thread started posted?

The poster has made some preconceived generalisation but i've seen worst stuff being posted here, it doesn't make it right ofcourse but I don't understand all the criticism.
the difference is im not sitting here saying anyone is getting held back at a societal level by total racism. in other words, im not talking trash like the OP!

the OP goes along the lines of "its all <insert races> fault"

heard that somewhere before? i'll give you a clue. germany 1930's. of course, if you want to maintain your consistency with regards to your views, just say you dont think the nazi's were racist either. then we'll leave you be.
Howard
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by technik)
the difference is im not sitting here saying anyone is getting held back at a societal level by total racism. in other words, im not talking trash like the OP!

the OP goes along the lines of "its all <insert races> fault"

heard that somewhere before? i'll give you a clue. germany 1930's. of course, if you want to maintain your consistency with regards to your views, just say you dont think the nazi's were racist either. then we'll leave you be.
Howard's UN-PC view for the day. Don't like it? Tough titties!

I agree Technik. I think it's about time blacks stopped whining on about imagined injustices, stopped moaning, and got on with life. If they spent more time studying and applying themselves than they did going on about slavery they might even get somewhere.
randdom
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
What's the difference between this and what the original thread started posted?

As I have said I agree. However It is down to interpretation. I don't find it racist but obviously other people do. Seeing as we are just going round in circles I think we should just accept that it is down to personal oppinion.
technik
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by randdom)
As I have said I agree. However It is down to interpretation. I don't find it racist but obviously other people do. Seeing as we are just going round in circles I think we should just accept that it is down to personal oppinion.
sounds like a half measure to me.

come on, have some conviction
randdom
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
sounds like a half measure to me.

come on, have some conviction
I very stongly believe that this isn't racist however obviously you and Vienna very strongly believe that it is racist. We are going round and round in circles and I don't think any of us are going to change our mind and interpretation of the original post. I am willing to accept that you have your oppinon that I don't agree with. I hope that you can do the same.
NDGAARONDI
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Howard)
I think it's about time blacks stopped whining on about imagined injustices, stopped moaning, and got on with life. If they spent more time studying and applying themselves than they did going on about slavery they might even get somewhere.
Like the Japanese?
technik
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by NDGAARONDI)
Like the Japanese?
the japs have the right idea.

just about no ethnic diversity, and therefore no issues surrounding it
Sarky
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Howard)
Howard's UN-PC view for the day. Don't like it? Tough titties!

I agree Technik. I think it's about time blacks stopped whining on about imagined injustices, stopped moaning, and got on with life. If they spent more time studying and applying themselves than they did going on about slavery they might even get somewhere.
Generalisation of the day. What an unfounded and uneducated thing to say. As a black person growing up today with a mixed raced sister, i've seen two perspectives. I've never let being black hold me back. I've wanted to follow the career i'm following at the moment since i was 4, and i didn't let being black stop me. That doesn't mean i haven't had to deal with people making judgments about me and my ethnicity like you have just done.

When i tell people i'm doing medicine i get "are you a gonna be a nurse then?" Lots of similar things have been said by others. On my course, 2% of the students are black british. I'm not moaning about that. Its a fact. If people want to do well then they shouldn't let the colour of their skin stop them. I haven't. But what i won't sit back and allow you to state me and my friends who have worked hard. You don't know every black person, so how dare you tell me that if "blacks stopped whining on about imagined injustices, stopped moaning, and got on with life". There ARE injustices, it is harder when you are judged on the colour of your skin. You've just done it by assuming that every black person is a certain way. It HAS been harder for me than my white friends to get through education, but i'm here now and boy am i glad. Because ignorance like yours is only going to be challenged once people from all walks and life regardless of colour and all the other factors are in positions of authority.
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Speaking of racism. I've yet to see a black woman have a sexual relationship with a white guy. I've no idea of figures, but it has been noted here before that it is much lower than black guy-white gal relationships. I'm not saying that this scenario is racist, but it might help, racial integration and all that.
Sarky
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Speaking of racism. I've yet to see a black woman have a sexual relationship with a white guy. I've no idea of figures, but it has been noted here before that it is much lower than black guy-white gal relationships. I'm not saying that this scenario is racist, but it might help, racial integration and all that.

My boyfriend is white and we've been together nearly three years.
technik
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
dont think i could ever be with someone from a minority. dont know why, just doesnt appeal to me
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Sarky)

My boyfriend is white and we've been together nearly three years.
Good.
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
dont think i could ever be with someone from a minority. dont know why, just doesnt appeal to me
Never say never.
Sarky
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Good.
Sarky can't tell whether you are being sarky or genuine
technik
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Never say never.
i didnt use the word

but as 99.5% of the population here in my area is white, i dont see much chance
Sarky
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago

I didn't think of that when i met my boyfriend. I don't look at people and see minorities or other labels. He was just someone i liked and it was mutual.
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
but as 99.5% of the population here in my area is white, i dont see much chance
Didn't realise it was that high.
technik
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Sarky)

I didn't think of that when i met my boyfriend. I don't look at people and see minorities or other labels. He was just someone i liked and it was mutual.
if you visited my town you would get stared at by just about everyone. because you would look out of place.

make of it what you will...
technik
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Didn't realise it was that high.
depends where you live.

northern ireland as a whole is 99.1% white, and thats across a whole region/nation/province. hardly any minorities or even mixed race. it just doesnt seem to happen here.

i suspect in parts of england its far lower, or even a white minority
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (114)
66.28%
No I haven't decided yet (35)
20.35%
Yes but I might change my mind (23)
13.37%

Watched Threads