Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sarky)
    Sarky can't tell whether you are being sarky or genuine
    Genuine. On many soaps, and for a certain industry for that matter, I feel that there is too much emphasis on black guy-white gal and that white guys who would be interested in black gals would be missing out.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by technik)
    if you visited my town you would get stared at by just about everyone. because you would look out of place.

make of it what you will...

People stare at anyone when they look out of place. Thats human nature. Hopefully there would be some people who wouldn't make assumptions about me based on the colour of my skin. People staring doesn't make them racist. Ignorance does.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sarky)

People stare at anyone when they look out of place. Thats human nature. Hopefully there would be some people who wouldn't make assumptions about me based on the colour of my skin. People staring doesn't make them racist. Ignorance does.
    i dont think being racist makes you ignorant as such

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NDGAARONDI)
    Genuine. On many soaps, and for a certain industry for that matter, I feel that there is too much emphasis on black guy-white gal and that white guys who would be interested in black gals would be missing out.
    Very true, and its very annoying. It does hapeen the other way round but its never seen in the media. So yeah i guess i'm a bit of a gimmick, but i've got bigger fish to fry. I won't make the situation aybetter by saying to my boyfriend "Oh sorry i can't be with you, its not really that accepted in society".

ReputationRep:
    i dont think being racist makes you ignorant as such

Well to me, racism is judging people based on their ethnicity. Not judging them as a person, assuming things about them as a person and their background. To me peopel that do that are both racist and ignorant.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sarky)

Well to me, racism is judging people based on their ethnicity. Not judging them as a person, assuming things about them as a person and their background. To me peopel that do that are both racist and ignorant.
    i know racists who will happily stand and give you a long list of reasons why they have their beliefs. its not blind ignorance but actually considered.

ReputationRep:
    i know racists who will happily stand and give you a long list of reasons why they have their beliefs. its not blind ignorance but actually considered.
    What reason could you have for judging me as a person when you know nothing about me?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sarky)
    What reason could you have for judging me as a person when you know nothing about me?
    i have no reason myself, im pointing out that others can and will.

ReputationRep:
    i have no reason myself, im pointing out that others can and will.

I don't see why making assumptions about being based on nothing more than the colour of their skin is not racist. And i'd be very unlikely to change my mind unless i was given some reasons to at least consider. Not necessarily by you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sarky)

I don't see why making assumptions about being based on nothing more than the colour of their skin is not racist.
    i didnt say it wasnt racist, infact i said the opposite.

ReputationRep:
    i didnt say it wasnt racist, infact i said the opposite.
    What sort of reasons could a person give to justify racisism?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sarky)
    I agree, it makes about as much sense as judging people on hair colour. I don't think you can justify judging a person you know nothing about.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sarky)
    as im not racist i cant really say. if you ever meet one, ask

generally revolves around inferiority of races

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by randdom)
    I agree, it makes about as much sense as judging people on hair colour. I don't think you can justify judging a person you know nothing about.
    Yet, that is exactly what the author of the thread post did, and you decided it wasnt racist. How dare he suggest that I got where I am today because of my skin colour.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sarky)
    a factual one.

ReputationRep:
    as im not racist i cant really say. if you ever meet one, ask

generally revolves around inferiority of races
    I wasn't trying to suggest you were, sorry if you think i was. If i meet a racist person the chances are they won't want to talk to me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vienna95)
    Yet, that is exactly what the author of the thread post did, and you decided it wasnt racist. How dare he suggest that I got where I am today because of my skin colour.
    quite.

randdom?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vienna95)
    fact.
    I think you're gonna have to do better than that. :rolleyes:

What facts?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sarky)
    If i meet a racist person the chances are they won't want to talk to me
    an illogical assumption.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sarky)
    . If i meet a racist person the chances are they won't want to talk to me
    Why?

ps. can you change the font and colour used in your posts, at least posting on D+D, its incredibly irritating.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.