a factual reason.
Sarky
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by technik)
an illogical assumption.
No, i didn't assume anything. I said sorry for making you think that i thought you were racist. Nothing more.
Sarky
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by vienna95)
a factual reason.
Yes i understand that. Such as what?
technik
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Sarky)
No, i didn't assume anything. I said sorry for making you think that i thought you were racist. Nothing more.
i was referring to your assumption that you wouldnt get spoken to.

its illogical.
Vienna
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Sarky)
Yes i understand that. Such as what?
hypothetically, gun crime in South London is more likely to be committed by a black man than a white man.
Sarky
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
i was referring to your assumption that you wouldnt get spoken to.

its illogical.
No, its not. I'm basing it on my experiences. I've spoken to racist people before. But never those with logical reasoning, because to me there is no logical reasoning for being racist. Everytime a racist person that i've spoken to says "but i have logical reasons" that i ask them to explain, they can't.
technik
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Sarky)
No, its not. I'm basing it on my experiences. I've spoken to racist people before. But never those with logical reasoning, because to me there is no logical reasoning for being racist. Everytime a racist person that i've spoken to says "but i have logical reasons" that i ask them to explain, they can't.
you assumption is based on your premise that all racists would be racist against black people. you may not have entirely meant it that way, but its what you wrote and shows a lot about what you think.
Sarky
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
hypothetically, gun crime in South London is more likely to be committed by a black man than a white man.

And paedophila is more likely to be carried out by a white man. The point being? I don't judge all white people based on that fact. That still doesn't help me, because i'm a black woman not a black man. Is that really a justifiable reason for judging me?
Vienna
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
you assumption is based on your premise that all racists would be racist against black people. you may not have entirely meant it that way, but its what you wrote and shows a lot about what you think.
you got there first, hehe. I was interested to know why racists wouldnt talk to Sarky either.
technik
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Sarky)

And paedophila is more likely to be carried out by a white man
is it?

i'd love sources from both of you
Vienna
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Sarky)
And paedophila is more likely to be carried out by a white man.
yep, thats another example.

The point being?
We both discriminated on race, fair to say both could be rationally justified.
technik
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
for all reading, im fairly sure sarky doesnt believe all racists are white, but in D&D, everything is technicality and inference
Sarky
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago

This thread is about white privilege, written from the viewpoint of a black person. Of course i'm not stupid enough to think that all racists are racist against black people. I'm not hard done by. You think i don't know that there are other people e.g. black people that are racist? I can't justify that either. Its wrong. It doesn't matter who does it.
randdom
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Yet, that is exactly what the author of the thread post did, and you decided it wasnt racist. How dare he suggest that I got where I am today because of my skin colour.
He didn't. He said that sometimes people who are white get where they are because of there skin colour. He did not say that all white people got where they were because they are white. I am sure that in some cases race does play a part in it unfortunately.
Vienna
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Sarky)

This thread is about white privilege, written from the viewpoint of a black person. Of course i'm not stupid enough to think that all racists are racist against black people. I'm not hard done by. You think i don't know that there are other people e.g. black people that are racist? I can't justify that either. Its wrong. It doesn't matter who does it.
"If i meet a racist person the chances are they won't want to talk to me"

why?
technik
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by randdom)
He didn't. He said that sometimes people who are white get where they are because of there skin colour. He did not say that all white people got where they were because they are white. I am sure that in some cases race does play a part in it unfortunately.
"all white people have privilege"

ALL.

its fairly clear.

i accept most of the OP is dubious and inconsistent throughout, but you should still be able to spot that sort of thing.
Sarky
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
"If i meet a racist person the chances are they won't want to talk to me"

why?

If you read back, i also said this was based on my experiences. I also explained why.
Vienna
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by randdom)
He didn't.
"Whites have privilege that is without question"
"In a white supremacist culture, all white people have privilege"
"when a white person seeks admission to a university, apply’s for a job, or hunts for an apartment..in a racist world, that is a big advantage. You are white. You are one of them. You are cut some slack. After all, ....you’re white."
"white privilege has meant that scores of second-rate white professors have slid through the system because their flaws were overlooked out of solidarity based on race"
"All your life you have been hired for jobs by white people. Your are accepted for graduate school by white people. Your are so deeply seduced by the culture's mythology that you can’t see the fear that was binding you to those myths. Like all white people, you are living with the fear that maybe you don’t really deserve your success, that maybe luck and privilege had more to do with it than brains and hard work"

He said that sometimes
where?

I am sure that in some cases race does play a part in it unfortunately.
"white people can also do things politically and economically which call a black man a *****. That is macro racism."

what can I do politically and economically to a black man?????
randdom
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
"all white people have privilege"

ALL.

its fairly clear.

i accept most of the OP is dubious and inconsistent throughout, but you should still be able to spot that sort of thing.
Yes he says that all white people have privilage but that doesn't mean that he is saying that the only reason that any people get where they are is because they are white.
frost105
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I'm not black. I'm white. I've always been white and I'll never know what its like to be black, however although this post does raise issues on racism its does itself no credit by making huge general sweeping statements on white people. White people are poor. White people dont get all good jobs. White people dont all go to good schools etc etc. If I had said all black people are criminals I would have been shot out of the sky. Huge sweeping statements are not good for arguements sake.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (11)
6.01%
They might tell the bully (18)
9.84%
I don't think they'd understand (32)
17.49%
It might lead to more bullying (70)
38.25%
There's nothing they could do (52)
28.42%

Watched Threads