Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hope you won't mind this question isn't really about Leeds UNIS, but i reckoned it'd be best forum to post in still, no?

Question:
    What good Sixth Form school or A level colleges are there in Leeds?

And how is Leeds? Atmosphere, studentlife? Nice streets and any good shopping? Any nice clubs within the indie, retro, twee or retro soul range?

And is it true that north England is much cheaper than south (food, drinks, rents - i've heard sometimes that EVERYTHING magically is cheaper?)

ReputationRep:
    The north is definitely cheaper, and it has an amazing nightlife, especially music wise. Lots of clubs and indie stuff, you should really like it. Not too sure about colleges though.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    Are you Catholic by any chance? Notre Dame Sixth Form college is what I went to - it's pretty decent - it's Catholic though.

Other colleges include Park Lane, Thomas Danby, Leeds College of Building....

Thomas Danby tends to do things like hairdressing, cookery, etc. - also has a lot of courses for adults

Other Sixth Forms are usually tacked onto high schools, as opposed to being separate.

As for Leeds, the atmosphere is much the same as any big city I suppose. The city centre has everything you could need, and is pretty nice. Lots of nightlife, shops, a big market, cinemas, restaurants, etc.
    It's very good for students see as how there are several universities (well 2 main ones, plus branches off from Leeds Uni such as Trinity and All Saints college)

And yes, the north is cheaper than the south.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.