The Student Room Group

what else to take with german and english lit a level

hi.
i was originally taking german english lit and biology a levels however i do not like the biology lessons as i’ve had a taste of them.

What do people suggest to take with german a level and english lit a level?

Please need help asap thanks
would you be able to give some more info about what you want to do after a levels, uni courses etc? it's kind of hard to say without knowing that sorry
but maybe a subject like economics, gov and politics, history or geography, psychology, these all go well but it obviously depends on the course you want
What are your interests? Would you want to take another essay-based subject?
Reply 3
Original post by oceanblue99
would you be able to give some more info about what you want to do after a levels, uni courses etc? it's kind of hard to say without knowing that sorry
but maybe a subject like economics, gov and politics, history or geography, psychology, these all go well but it obviously depends on the course you want

see i want to kind of keep my options open as i’m not sure what i wanna do after a levels i was hoping a levels would give me a starting point somewhere that could lead in a good direction.. however since i’m taking german i could consider going to study in germany afterwards but still don’t know. thank you
Reply 4
Original post by penguingirl18
What are your interests? Would you want to take another essay-based subject?

hi, i mean i’m open to anything, i could take another essay based subject like that’s fine but don’t unis and stuff prefer a range? idk? however i am considering something like classical civilisation as i find that from what i’ve seen and heard very interesting! law maybe or something like that but i’m currently lost
Original post by ameliaf19
hi, i mean i’m open to anything, i could take another essay based subject like that’s fine but don’t unis and stuff prefer a range? idk? however i am considering something like classical civilisation as i find that from what i’ve seen and heard very interesting! law maybe or something like that but i’m currently lost

I don't know about range of subjects - what are you applying to uni for? Literature/MFL/history is a common combination, I think, so another essay subject should be fine. I would make a list of subjects that interest you and then look through the specifications, and maybe pick a subject of interest that you wouldn't be able to study after A levels, or one that relates to your uni course.
Classical Civilisation sounds interesting. Any thoughs about Geography if you want a little breadth, or economics?
Reply 7
Original post by ajj2000
Classical Civilisation sounds interesting. Any thoughs about Geography if you want a little breadth, or economics?

geography i did at gcse and i found it very easy but totally not enjoyable like at all, i just couldn’t continue learning about it because i literally hate it. but economics i don’t actually know what that is about course and content wise
Original post by ameliaf19
hi.
i was originally taking german english lit and biology a levels however i do not like the biology lessons as i’ve had a taste of them.

What do people suggest to take with german a level and english lit a level?

Please need help asap thanks

Heya!
It all depends on what you want to do in the future. From your a-levels, I think an essay-based a-level would fit good e.g. history, economics, business studies etc. I only have experience with economics - it's about micro and macro markets (very interesting!). It's a very heavy essay-based a-level but I really enjoyed it. You learn a lot from it and you'll be able to understand what is happening around the world better e.g. inflation, exchange rate, deflation, opportunity cost etc much better (very engaging subject). I would recommend going on youtube and just finding some videos on a-level economics or even history and seeing if it's something you would be interested in :h:

If you are considering law then you don't need any specific requirements (at least in the UK), only good grades! I would recommend googling some courses in UK/Germany (since you want to study there) and looking at their entry requirements.

I hope this helps!
Milena G.
UCL PFE
Study Mind
Reply 9
Original post by StudyMind
Heya!
It all depends on what you want to do in the future. From your a-levels, I think an essay-based a-level would fit good e.g. history, economics, business studies etc. I only have experience with economics - it's about micro and macro markets (very interesting!). It's a very heavy essay-based a-level but I really enjoyed it. You learn a lot from it and you'll be able to understand what is happening around the world better e.g. inflation, exchange rate, deflation, opportunity cost etc much better (very engaging subject). I would recommend going on youtube and just finding some videos on a-level economics or even history and seeing if it's something you would be interested in :h:

If you are considering law then you don't need any specific requirements (at least in the UK), only good grades! I would recommend googling some courses in UK/Germany (since you want to study there) and looking at their entry requirements.

I hope this helps!
Milena G.
UCL PFE
Study Mind

Thank you so much for the help!

Quick Reply

Latest