The Student Room Group

Connaught Hall (UoL intercollegiate halls) - any options for self-catering?

Hi,

I've been offered a room in Connaught Hall for the coming year. It's literally my only option for accommodation (or else I have to look for private accommodation...)
My only problem is that Connaught is entirely catered, haven't seen anything about self-catering. But are there any ways in which some residents can still cook/cater for themselves? Like are there at least some kitchens in the hall maybe, or are we allowed to have mini-fridges/rice cookers etc in our rooms?

Would be really grateful for any info and advice from current/former residents at Connaught :smile:
thanks for any help
Reply 1
Hello, the kitchen area in catered accommodation only has a fridge and a microwave oven. If you want to find someone to take over this place, please DM me asap! I'd love to take over this contract through UCL official!
Original post by vhc01
Hi,

I've been offered a room in Connaught Hall for the coming year. It's literally my only option for accommodation (or else I have to look for private accommodation...)
My only problem is that Connaught is entirely catered, haven't seen anything about self-catering. But are there any ways in which some residents can still cook/cater for themselves? Like are there at least some kitchens in the hall maybe, or are we allowed to have mini-fridges/rice cookers etc in our rooms?

Would be really grateful for any info and advice from current/former residents at Connaught :smile:
thanks for any help
Original post by Jo Lin
Hello, the kitchen area in catered accommodation only has a fridge and a microwave oven. If you want to find someone to take over this place, please DM me asap! I'd love to take over this contract through UCL official!

You're allowed a mini-fridge, but no rice cookers, sandwich makers, airfryers etc.
You'll probably be able to swap with someone who is further from the campus, ie One Pool Street. There will be lots of movement in the first few weeks as some people drop out. You should accept the room you've been offered for now as you may otherwise not get anything at all.
Original post by vhc01
Hi,

thanks for any help

Hey! I have an en-suite self-catered room at One Pool Street. Just as mentioned by Barbamama, the only one problem is the distance. Please PM me if you’re interested!

Quick Reply

Latest