The Student Room Group

how soon should i start revising for my alevels?

i just started year 12 and havnt really started learning anything much just intro lessons. should i start making revision material and doing questions now?
From my experience, revision material is good to gradually build up at the start, like flashcards, or else you have to do them all in one go later on. As for questions, I think just some light, easy-going questions are fine for now, main thing is just to make sure you understand what's going on in lessons. You've only had around 1-5 lessons per subject so far right?, so that's not a lot you've learnt so far.
Original post by zynnjah123
i just started year 12 and havnt really started learning anything much just intro lessons. should i start making revision material and doing questions now?

Personally, I found it helpful to constantly revisiting material, but I don't think you need to be doing much 'traditional' revision RN, focus on earning the content. For each topic, I first made notes from the textbook before the lesson, then added to those notes and asked questions to gain clarification during the lesson,and wrote out summaries after the lesson, for the whole of year 12. I did the odd set of PPQs etc but the pre-reading, notes and summaried were what I mainly did and it really helped to consolidate information.
Original post by zynnjah123

Heya!
it's still very early for doing questions (save them for later) but you can start making notes on the material and possibly reading ahead on the chapter :h:What I usually did was read the chapter ahead and make notes on it, then when we cover the topic in class, I would add onto my existing notes and ask extra questions. Then I would start making flashcards/ spider diagrams. You could then attempt to do some questions on the topic to see how well you understand it and whether there is something you need to go over again.

I hope this helps!
Milena G.
UCL PFE
Study Mind

Quick Reply