Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm uncertain as to whether I will remain in the UK or look to move abroad if possible. I intend to get remain in the UK and get my education which would open more opportunities abroad for me. I'm somewhat concerned that with the ridiculous cost of housing in the UK and the wages that don't seem to quit match, getting on the property market is going to be near impossible without being in debt for years. It seems that with prices today affording to buy a small flat is a stretch, let alone a decent sized home.

How do you feel about the current situation and do you feel you'll ever be seriously tempted to move?

ReputationRep:
    I doubt it.

ReputationRep:
    I want to move to Austrailia .

ReputationRep:
    I intend to live in Spain (Andalucia) for a year or so of my life in the near-ish future, but I'm in no rush and it's not due to prices.

ReputationRep:
    this thread was done last week :rolleyes:

please use the search function in future

ReputationRep:
    No. I love the UK.

I absolutely plan to, either once I've got my undergraduate degree or once I've got my post-grad and have worked for a couple of years to raise funds.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, because the UK is the only country that is being affected by the current economic crisis. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Going to an English uni then moving FOREVER. and thank god for that

ReputationRep:
    Absolutely. Definitely, I have planned it well in advance

ReputationRep:
    Yep. Too many indians over here for my liking.

ReputationRep:
    I'll defo be moving abroad at some point, not sure whether to do my post-grad here or abroad. I want to live in Latin America =] x

ReputationRep:
    Yes, for definite. Can't stand the direction this country is going in, it won't even be a country for much longer if we don't get shot of the EU. I'll probably go to Canada, Australia or the US.

ReputationRep:
    God yes, I'm going somewhere where just being English gets me laid.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, definitely, but not because of prices.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PeeWeeDan)
    Absolutely. Definitely, I have planned it well in advance
    Out of interest, where? Have you considered immigrating to Israel? How is the standard of living there now in comparison to Western Europe - comparable?

ReputationRep:
    No particular plans to leave the UK. If a decent opportunity to live in another country comes up I might take it, but I'm not actively looking for ways to move.

ReputationRep:
    I live in Norway at the moment and I love it.
    I'm British but I am seriously considering moving back here after I attend university in the UK.

ReputationRep:
    i wanna move to new york to work in a big sky scraper, if i dont get a job where i can do alot of traveling, business class.

ReputationRep:
    Definitely. Not because of expenses, etc, but because I love to travel and cannot stay in one country for too long.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.