Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LH123)
    Yes, because the UK is the only country that is being affected by the current economic crisis. :rolleyes:
    The high prices in the UK are nothing to do with the "current economic crisis", the UK has always had a history of having ridiculously high prices and high taxation, generally because the mentality of British people is to just grumble and pay, and moan slightly. So companies basically regard us as push-overs and can safely push the prices up. Obviously, there's more to it than that, but in a nutshell I feel that's where some of the high prices come from.

ReputationRep:
    YES moving to the US next year after I finish my degree. My bf is American so we'll probably end up there long term. Can't wait!!
    That said, I do love some things about England. The historical stuff is second to none for me, and you can't beat pretty English churches and villages and all that jazz. So I'll be back a lot..

ReputationRep:
    Well I know I'm going to live in Italy and Spain for 4 months each on my year abroad. But I may well end up living out there when I'm older, at least for a while

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by smurfling)
    YES moving to the US next year after I finish my degree. My bf is American so we'll probably end up there long term. Can't wait!!
    That said, I do love some things about England. The historical stuff is second to none for me, and you can't beat pretty English churches and villages and all that jazz. So I'll be back a lot..
    That's another thing that's been a little off-putting. A lot of the major countries people immigrate to, such as Australia, NZ, US, Canada, etc, are all pretty much new countries and don't really have any quaint villages and such, which I feel could be somewhat of a draw back. I'd image all the buildings being new all the time could get quite tedious.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MeeeMeee1)
    I want to move to Austrailia .
    samee

ReputationRep:
    i want to go to poland for a year after graduation.
    and i might move to ireland cos of jobs etc, but i dot really have any specific plans to...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MeeeMeee1)
    I want to move to Austrailia .
    same sydney or melbourne?

ReputationRep:
    yes im definately leaving the UK

ReputationRep:
    I can't *wait* for my year abroad, 9 months in Brasil yeeeeeeey!!
    =]
    x

ReputationRep:
    I'd like to, although nothing's certain.
    I've always dreamed of living in NZ or Canada, but I think I'd probably go on an extended travelling holiday and see these places before moving there.

I'd love to live in NYC - have a Friends-Seinfeld lifestyle

ReputationRep:
    I'd love too. It's my drug to travel.

ReputationRep:
    No. This country is my home and will be for life. :yep:

I have thought about it. I'd love to live in the States or Canada, but today I watched Sicko..so my heart leans towards Canada.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by burninginme)
    That's another thing that's been a little off-putting. A lot of the major countries people immigrate to, such as Australia, NZ, US, Canada, etc, are all pretty much new countries and don't really have any quaint villages and such, which I feel could be somewhat of a draw back. I'd image all the buildings being new all the time could get quite tedious.
    The other side of that is that they have a lot of "quaint" stuff we don't.. I love tacky Americana, like old motels and weird sideshows along the highways and silly stuff like that, and I find some of the architecture more attractive than the old English style- clapboard houses and such, it's not all "new", if you get beyond the big cities.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Symbea)
    God yes, I'm going somewhere where just being English gets me laid.
    Yeah, I've always found that idea appealing myself (although admittedly it would require substituting 'British' for 'English' in my case).

ReputationRep:
    I really want to move abroad parents intend going as soon as i finish uni for my grad degree. if i get in will do F1 and F2 training here and move about 2 years after i graduate so 2017 hopefully

ReputationRep:
    No, I'm British & this is my home. Obviously, it might be necessary, and I can't predict the future, but I sincerely hope I don't have to leave. I, for one, love this country.

ReputationRep:
    I hope to move away from here after I finish my degree and work for a year or two.

ReputationRep:
    I want to work over here for three years and save up enough to move to California but it will be bloudy expensive.

ReputationRep:
    I don't think so, but I will buy a holiday home abroad, and travel around the world frequently. :cool:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.