Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I fully intend to live in an English speaking country when I'm older. As for now, I'd actually really like to stay in England for quite a while. I'm really curious to explore and possibly live in other English cities, especially London, Manchester, Liverpool and Bristol/Southampton.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    I want to move to Austrailia
    Unless it's in the cities or in the 'counties' around the cities, don't. Sydney ftw, Melbourne is nice too. Canberra is a snorefest.

ReputationRep:
    I would never rule it out but it's very unlikely that I'll move abroad. I lived in America for three months and whilst I enjoyed it alot and even wanted to live there at one point; as time progressed, I became more homesick and realised how much I missed things I took for granted in the UK.

In terms of the problems in the UK which might inspire some people to leave, there's going to be problems wherever you go.

ReputationRep:
    I'll be doing uni in America and hopefully i shall never have to return...But yes, I plan on moving to America.

ReputationRep:
    I might move back home :yep: I'm thinking about joining the UN anyway after uni so it would involve moving around quite a bit

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by burninginme)
    Out of interest, where? Have you considered immigrating to Israel? How is the standard of living there now in comparison to Western Europe - comparable?
    Israel, yes. The standards are about the same. Israel is in Arabia, it's not part of it ! :p: We're a liberal democracy with Western Society

ReputationRep:
    I want to move to Ausralia, I'm going to do a year in Australia as part of my degree and once I'm qualified I'm seriously considering moving there.

According to my parents I'm their retirement, they've always wanted to move out there but my dad is too old to apply so when I qualify and move out there they can join me.

ReputationRep:
    I've been finding this prospect increasingly appealing lately, so it's entirely possible.

ReputationRep:
    I desperately want to move to Canada but it's very, very expensive to convert my degree

ReputationRep:
    No!

I once wanted to move to the states. (Have a mate there, asked me to move) I did consider it, but after much thought, I decided against it. This is my HOME! And this is where I shall die. (live first obv...)

I do love to travel, and I shall do this lots. so many beautiful countries to explore, but I shall return here always. England is unique to me, love the weather (not much sun I know, but I'm not a big fan) the rain, the people. the TV. ah it's all here. Plus, xmas would never be the same in another country to me.

Ahh, RULE BRITANIA!

ReputationRep:
    For years, I wanted to move to America but I got over that phase when I moved there for a year. America was great, but it wasn't home.

England and Wales ftw.

ReputationRep:
    I've always wanted to, but since i've started my year here theres lots of things I miss about the UK. I think i'll still live there, but either get a job involving lots of travelling, or spend lots of holidays in France or Italy. Second home flat or whatever

ReputationRep:
    I'd like to live in a few countries but eventually come back and settle, this is home :yep:

ReputationRep:
    I would like to work all over the world but I think i'll always end up coming back to the UK. I'd definately have to come back when i've got children because it's so safe here in comparison to almost every other English speaking country, not only that but I understand the education system a lot more.

I want to move to the Czech Republic when I'm older, maybe in my 20s if I have the money...

ReputationRep:
    I hate this country, it's crap. Post-University I'm outta here.

ReputationRep:
    i left last month to stay in american and boyyyy i didnt regret that

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blátönn)
    I hate this country, it's crap. Post-University I'm outta here.
    :thumbsup:

ReputationRep:
    As much as i love it up here..im thinking of either moving to the US or down south places like OZ, Singapore, etc..once i get my degree :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Yes!!!
    As soon as i've got my History degree I intend to move to the USA or Canada or maybe Finland :yep:
    There's no way in hell i'm staying here!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.