Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Yup, moving to Toronto!

ReputationRep:
    I live in Germany at the moment, but eventually, I'd like to move to Zurich...

ReputationRep:
    Yes. No doubt about it. As soon as i finish my education, and save a decent amount of money - i'm gone. For good. I hate this country with a passion.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ghost Grey)
    Sydney ftw, Melbourne is nice too. Canberra is a snorefest.
    You said it

ReputationRep:
    Currently live in Australie (as I'm born and bred here), and I'm loving it! But I prefer Adelaide to where I am now, and if I had to live anywhere else I think NZ would be nice.

My sis is living in Canada atm and wants to move there permanently. Bad sign, but nevermind.

ReputationRep:
    I will probably end up moving to australia and the maybe a few other countries after that. just because i have travelled a lot and certain countries feel like home. I might also move back to japan and singapore each for a while too...ive grown up in them and so they (as well as the UK) also feel like home!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Annaconda)
    and i might move to ireland cos of jobs etc, but i dot really have any specific plans to...
    I would put that idea on the back-burner for the immediate future anyway! :cool:

ReputationRep:
    Well the plan in 1st year was that I'd most definitely move back to Ireland... now in 4th year I have absolutely no intention of ever leaving Edinburgh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sprockette)
    Well the plan in 1st year was that I'd most definitely move back to Ireland... now in 4th year I have absolutely no intention of ever leaving Edinburgh
    Hmm, that's my plan at the minute, wonder will I have changed by the time I get to fourth year..

What changed your mind then?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Teofilo)
    Hmm, that's my plan at the minute, wonder will I have changed by the time I get to fourth year..

What changed your mind then?
    Well I'd never really left home before going to uni so I didn't know anything else. But now I know that... I don't know Ireland at all desptie having lived there for 18 years! Then again I was sheltered I know nothing about the tax, jobs, health service, accommodation. Plus the transport is **** and I don't drive. I feel guilty saying I don't like Ireland any more either Or the people, at least round where I lived.

ReputationRep:
    if i had the money id elave right now

canada or japan as long as its not this depressing place

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sprockette)
    Well I'd never really left home before going to uni so I didn't know anything else. But now I know that... I don't know Ireland at all desptie having lived there for 18 years! Then again I was sheltered I know nothing about the tax, jobs, health service, accommodation. Plus the transport is **** and I don't drive. I feel guilty saying I don't like Ireland any more either Or the people, at least round where I lived.
    It does feel like you lose touch very easily. TBH there isn't a huge difference between tax and job oppotunities after degree (pretty bad in both at the minute!) I don't think. Transport is absolute rubbish though agreed.

ReputationRep:
    I'd love to move to another country, even only temporarily. If I do end up going into some sort of journalism I guess it'd have to be to an English speaking country to keep up with my profession: Canada has always seemed really appealing to me. I like the cold. But I'd also love to live in Japan; I'm pretty confident I could get by with spoken language but I'd totally flop everywhere else.

But I love London, so I guess sticking around wouldn't be a huge tragedy.

ReputationRep:
    Awwww, Am I the only person who likes the UK?

I like the North, its 'simple' haha.

But I want to travel a bit of the world, definantely go to Scandinavia wooo.

But I want to live in the UK.

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't leave the country there are a lot of things I like.

ReputationRep:
    I might go back to Canada at some point, although not soon.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dorito)
    Awwww, Am I the only person who likes the UK?

I like the North, its 'simple' haha.

But I want to travel a bit of the world, definantely go to Scandinavia wooo.

But I want to live in the UK.
    Not at all! I love quite a few places in the UK. I notice it most when I'm describing England to friends in the US - some places I've been to are either quaint, quirkey or romantic and I have a lot of good memories there. I don't think I'd miss Dagenham at all if I left, but the buzz of Central London is unmatched based on all the other big cities I've been to. Really extraodinary!

But like you say, I'd love to see other places. I think most people would.

ReputationRep:
    Perhaps. Maybe Scotland will leave, taking me out of the UK without me having to move house. Or maybe I'll want to live in France, which has always held an attraction. Or maybe I'll feel a desire to leave, not caring where to, due to the direction of the country.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.