The Student Room Group

criminology sociology and classical civilisation???

i was wondering to myself if those three subjects were any good as ive read alot of forums which say a lot of different things so maybe you guys can help.
Criminology is not an A-level - it's a WJEC Certificate and not all unis accept this in lieu of a third A-level. I would strongly recommend not taking this with just two other A-levels (or at all).

The other subjects are fine :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by artful_lounger
Criminology is not an A-level - it's a WJEC Certificate and not all unis accept this in lieu of a third A-level. I would strongly recommend not taking this with just two other A-levels (or at all).

The other subjects are fine :smile:

So do you think taking psychology would be better as they all would take me to the same course at uni
Original post by michqel16
So do you think taking psychology would be better as they all would take me to the same course at uni

Any actual A-level would be better than criminology. If psychology is the most interesting one to you, then do that :smile:
As above, Criminology is not an A level - nor is it 'the same as an A level' or 'equal to an A level' or anything else your school tells you.
its a daft diploma offered bt the Welsh exam board amd is full of True Crime nonense with precious little analysis or social theory.

Do an A level, any A level that interests you, and that you will enjoy studying.
Reply 5
Original post by McGinger
As above, Criminology is not an A level - nor is it 'the same as an A level' or 'equal to an A level' or anything else your school tells you.
its a daft diploma offered bt the Welsh exam board amd is full of True Crime nonense with precious little analysis or social theory.

Do an A level, any A level that interests you, and that you will enjoy studying.

OK thank you I'll change to psychology

Quick Reply

Latest