Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Im looking to get a car very soon. But i cant deiced which one. At the moment, im leaning towards a Ford Fiesta (because of the review on whatcar.com lol)
    Ive hear Fiats have a notorious rep in terms of breaking down (seen the phrase Fix It Again Today quiet a lot)
    As for Clio..dont have much of a clue

im probably looking into getting an 05/06 plated car

any thoughts?

ReputationRep:
    Clio.

ReputationRep:
    fiesta

ReputationRep:
    I have an 07 Clio. Never had any trouble with it, but then I got it new so I know it hasn't been trashed and what not, but that applies to each of the cars I guess.

ReputationRep:
    fiesta anyday of the week

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, agree with the others. I'd go fiesta too, they are nice cars.

ReputationRep:
    Have to sit in the Ford camp, although by your "Fix It Again Tomorrow" having a "Found On Road Dead" won't be any use to you.

ReputationRep:
    You can't go wrong with a ford. Parts cheaper if anything needs repairing. I have had a fiesta, now have a focus, had no trouble with any. Had a lift in a punto once, bit of a bone shaker.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Steeps)
    Have to sit in the Ford camp, although by your "Fix It Again Tomorrow" having a "Found On Road Dead" won't be any use to you.
    Or "Fixed or Repaired Daily"

I'd go for a fiesta. As long as it's the latest model.

ReputationRep:
    Fiesta, I've always had Fords and never had any problems

ReputationRep:
    i work at a car auction at the moment, and frequently drive all 3

fiesta, everytime. better build quality, more reliable, easier to get parts

all renaults i drive arent nice to be in. they just feel cheap and french. i wouldnt even consider the punto

if you have the cash though, go german polo

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bean87)
    they just feel cheap and french
    lmfao

yea...I would have gone for a Polo...but I think the Fiesta is a little bigger. Plus the obvious budget...i would much prefer a Fiesta over a Polo..it seems weird...because ultimately want a VW once i build up NCB and id love to get the new golf and feel that the Polo would be a little...i dont know, i cant explain it lol...as if I was going for something lower because I couldnt get the Golf

but thanks for the advice. I hope to get a decent enough quote with Direct Line..i did a few weeks back..hope its the same.

When buying the car, is there any thing in particular I need to look for? For example people always say look at the Clio's suspension as its a weak point

ReputationRep:
    i'm no mechanic. but i know that clios and puntos generally have a lot more **** falling off all over the place (low build quality). so if you feel the need for a clio or punto, make sure its all together ok

or **** it all. be a man and get a motorbike

ReputationRep:
    Fiesta.

ReputationRep:
    Get a Ka, i used to have a punto but they don't have a good shelf life..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anna_spanner89)
    Get a Ka, i used to have a punto but they don't have a good shelf life..
    Ka's arent too bad. i get the feeling when driving one though that you will die in an accident. i think even vs a cat in the road, the Ka will come off worse. depends how high you rate safety

i drove a 911 today. get one of those

ReputationRep:
    Ka's arent too bad. i get the feeling when driving one though that you will die in an accident. i think even vs a cat in the road, the Ka will come off worse. depends how high you rate safety

i drove a 911 today. get one of those

I've kad my ka for almost a year and feel very safe in it!! a lot safer than my punto

ReputationRep:
    i dont like that when i tap the metal above the inside door handle, it gives a hollow 'ting'. maybe its all in my head lol

ReputationRep:
    i dont like that when i tap the metal above the inside door handle, it gives a hollow 'ting'. maybe its all in my head lol

mine doesn't..maybe thats the older versions

ReputationRep:
    Clio, it has va va voom.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.