Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I have to empathise with the OP. I'm an Australian national of asian descent who's moved about through the Asia-pacific area for the past few years of my life, ending up here in the UK for uni. I really have no sense of home, wherever I go back to seems to be just as cold and uninviting as anywhere else. The exception is that I actually like it here (so far) - unfortunately you guys are so tied up with immigration that it's going to take me a decade to get any semblance of citizenship/residence .

So if employment falls through here, and the graduate work visa expires, I'm at a loss where I should be.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SiaSiaSia)
    ahhahahaha
    i :love: lampshade...

:love: you too :p:

ReputationRep:
    you should go travelling and see where your routes are and were you like and feel at home, you will probably need to spend quite a while in one place to see if you can live there but you should know after a few weeks whether you definately like or dislike a place..

ReputationRep:
    go travelling till you find somewhere
    it will be fun

ReputationRep:
    I can't believe all the horrible replies the OP got. :console: Don't listen to them.

I do get what you feel, Im not in exactly the same situation but I don't feel like I belong here either, yet I don't belong where either of my parents are from.

Since I was about 11 I thought how I really want to live in a different country when I can but the same thing would just happen.

I think you just have to try and make your surroundings home, try and fit yourself in and find things you like and stuff.

I hope you find somewhere you like :hugs:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.