Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Hi Guys!

Apart from going to the gym, mainly because I cannot afford it, what are the best ways to build muscle?

At the moment, I have next to no muscle, and I am being truthful. I don't want huge muscles, or even big muscles, I just want a normal 18 year old lads' sized arms and chest.

Are there any techniques that will aid this - obviously the quicker solutions the better, but I realise it can take time.

Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Hi Guys!

Apart from going to the gym, mainly because I cannot afford it, what are the best ways to build muscle?

At the moment, I have next to no muscle, and I am being truthful. I don't want huge muscles, or even big muscles, I just want a normal 18 year old lads' sized arms and chest.

Are there any techniques that will aid this - obviously the quicker solutions the better, but I realise it can take time.

Thanks!
    Firstly, bear in mind that you can't really just build upper body muscle. If you're not serious about working your lower body, then you're not serious about working your upper body.

Secondly, it'd probably be easiest to join a gym, but if you really can't afford it then fair enough. So, assuming you really can't afford it, the best thing you could do is probably to buy Never Gymless by Ross Enamait:
    http://rosstraining.com/nevergymless.html

and then trying to build strength. I've no real idea how effective the workouts in Never Gymless would be in terms of building muscle mass though. I'd wager they'd be less effective than doing a decent full-body workout down the gym though, but maybe someone more knowledgeable than me will disagree.

Also, you won't get bigger unless you eat more.

ReputationRep:
    step one - press ups. lots of

step two - repeat step one

got my chest and arms bulked in no time

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bean87)
    step one - press ups. lots of

step two - repeat step one

got my chest and arms bulked in no time
    you are taking the piss right?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.