Turn on thread page Beta

Some girl I like always says hi on msn but doesnt make conversation. I hav to make it watch

ReputationRep:
    A majority of the time when I sign in on msn, this girl immediately says hello to me but she doesnt make conversation at all. She responds to everything I say but says very little off her own accord. Whats going on???

ReputationRep:
    a) shes a boring person
    or
    b) shes not interested

simple

ReputationRep:
    work your magic. if that doesnt work...use black magic..:ninja:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bean87)
    a) shes a boring person
    or
    b) shes not interested

simple
    i couldnt put it better myself

ReputationRep:
    not necessarily... Maybe she doesn't know what to say

ReputationRep:
    Some people just aren't very talkative on msn. If the wasn't interested though, she wouldn't be starting conversations with you.

ReputationRep:
    She probably doesn't know what to say & maybe she feels like she's already put an effort/ took a risk by starting off the conversation.

ReputationRep:
    I had a situation similar to that - girl was actually mad for me but she had nothing in her head at all, so it didn't last longer than a night

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The_Goose)
    not necessarily... Maybe she doesn't know what to say
    = a) shes a boring person

ReputationRep:
    She probably doesn't know what to say & maybe she feels like she's already put in effort/ took a risk by starting off the conversation.

ReputationRep:
    I have the same situation with this one guy.. which is a shame, really.
    He's actually a sweetheart but I think he's just awkward around girls, which makes it difficult because I like to be quite chatty and it's hard to make the convo all the time =/

ReputationRep:
    That's when you know you've found somebody special. When you can just shut the **** up for a minute and comfortably share silence.

ReputationRep:
    or maybe its an automated response on her msn for anyone who signs on........

ReputationRep:
    You say hi to her as well but then dont make conversation. Play the waiting game and see if she follows up on her 'hi' once she realises that you are not gong to be the one to lead the convo... If she still desnt do anything, then she's probs not interested...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by potteralan)
    = a) shes a boring person
    hi 5

you took my words, from my mouth? if that makes sense

ReputationRep:
    Yup. On msn I'm very chatty and random . Girls who don't even attempt to lead in convos are either dumb, boring or dumb and boring.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah you do get girls like that, I find they're usually the sort of girl which just says hi as an automatic response when any of her contacts sign on. If you don't actually know her I'd just black her if it's annoying you.

ReputationRep:
    Sounds like she is interested in you, but doesn't know what to say.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fizz*****)
    Sounds like she is interested in you, but doesn't know what to say.
    i agree

ReputationRep:
    wait a sec, everyones comments on here are so negative! she's probably shy and cant think of anything to say. i had the same problem, whenever i liked this guy on msn i couldnt think of anything witty/funny/intelligent to say incase he thought i was a complete idiot, though with friends im very random/chatty on msn!
    Or, another thing is...she may be playing hard to get? like, not wanting to sound desperate/always leading the convo even though she may be taking it too far.
    OR maybe she is just super busy when shes online or is doing other things like CW/Homework
    does she talk to you face to face? and how does she act? that could be a good indication on whether or not she likes you!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 18, 2009
Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.