The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

KCL

Hi,

Is it possible to get into KCL with BTEC? I don’t take A level.
Original post by JJames0001
Hi,

For what course? With what type of BTEC?

A BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma in either Health & Social Care or Applied Science can be used for Nursing/Midwifery BScs, without the need for any accompanying A levels. (See the "Alternative accepted qualification" list on the relevant pages here and here.)

Those are the only scenarios where I believe KCL will accept a BTEC with no accompanying A levels. But mention the course and the BTEC (type and subject) and I'll double-check.
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Reply 2
Original post by DataVenia
For what course? With what type of BTEC?

A BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma in either Health & Social Care or Applied Science can be used for Nursing/Midwifery BScs, without the need for any accompanying A levels. (See the "Alternative accepted qualification" list on the relevant pages here and here.)

Those are the only scenarios where I believe KCL will accept a BTEC with no accompanying A levels. But mention the course and the BTEC (type and subject) and I'll double-check.

BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma in business.
I’d like to go there to study business management
BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma in business.
I’d like to go there to study business management

Unfortunately, based upon their current entry requirements, that's not going to happen. Sorry.

According to the "Alternative accepted qualifications" section of their page on Business Management BSc, here, they need A levels too:

[Quote]BTEC/CTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma with overall grade DDM and two A levels at A*A.
OR
BTEC/CTEC Level 3 Diploma (120 credits) with overall grade DM and two A levels at A*A.
OR
BTEC Level 3 Subsidiary Diploma/Extended Certificate or CTEC Level 3 Introductory Diploma/Extended Certificate with overall grade D and two A levels at A*A.[/Quote]
Hi,

Yesss you can! I’m currently doing BTEC applied science and I’m applying this year for adult nursing!
Reply 5
Original post by DataVenia
Unfortunately, based upon their current entry requirements, that's not going to happen. Sorry.

According to the "Alternative accepted qualifications" section of their page on Business Management BSc, here, they need A levels too:

Thank you. Can you recommend me some universities? They accept BTEC.
If a university gives me DDD as a conditional offer, but my final result is DDM, is there a high probability of receiving the offer?
(edited 1 year ago)
Thank you. Can you recommend me some universities? They accept BTEC.

What was it that appealed to you about KCL? That answer would help identify other similar universities which might accept a BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma in Business.

Was it the fact that it's in London? Or that it is highly ranked for business? Or that it carried a certain "prestige", generally? If you're looking for "elite" universities accepting a BTEC for their Business Management degree, I think you're going to struggle. However, these may be of interest:

City, University of London: "BTEC/OCR Cambridge Technical Level 3 Extended Diploma: DDD" (see here).

University of Northampton: "A typical offer would be BCC at A Level or DMM at BTEC" (see here).

Queen Mary, University of London: "All BTEC subjects are considered. Please contact the Business and Management Admissions team for details of specific unit requirements. DDD" (see with the School of Business and Management section, here).

University of Birmingham: "BTEC Extended Diploma: Only the following subjects can be considered: Applied Science, Business, Enterprise and Entrepreneurship." (see here).

Cardiff University: "DDD-DDM in a BTEC Extended Diploma in Business." (see here).

University of Liverpool: "BTEC Level 3 National Extended Diploma | D*D*D in a Business related subject" (see here).

Lancaster University: "BTEC Distinction, Distinction, Merit" (see here).

University of Essex: "BTEC: DDD, depending on subject studied - advice on acceptability can be provided." (see here).

University of Sheffield: "BTEC Extended Diploma DDD in a relevant subject. Relevant subjects include Applied Law, Applied Science, Business, Enterprise and Entrepreneurship or Personal and Business Finance" (see here).

For a complete list, you could use this UCAS query. In the large orange circle it'll likely default to showing A level entry requirements; simply click the circle and change it to BTEC National Extended Diploma. If it doesn't say, "N/A" for a particular course then you might be in luck. However you still need to check the exact requirements (I prefer to do so on each university's own course page) as sometimes they accept a BTEC National Extended Diploma only in conjunction with A levels. The UCAS Search results won't necessarily make that fact clear.

If a university gives me DDD as a conditional offer, but my final result is DDM, is there a high probability of receiving the offer?

There is a possibility that they would accept you as a "near miss" candidate. However, nobody could claim that there would be a "high probability" that they would do so.
(edited 1 year ago)

Quick Reply

Latest