Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Anon or delete

I recently asked a girl out and she has planned to go the aquarium. But there is only one problem. I am terrified of fish, or any other marine animal.

How do I tell her this, I dont want her to think of me as a wussy, becuase I am not, okay i'm scared of fish, but thats me.

ReputationRep:
    lol smooth, say you dont have enough money and suggest a free date?

ReputationRep:
    Suggest you go out for dinner instead? She might want fish though..

ReputationRep:
    No fish jokes please, there is a time and a plaice and this is not it. :nospam:

OP, just tell her? If she's a decent girl then she isn't going to care. Or you could just suggest alternatives to her idea?

ReputationRep:
    Crash session to get used to them?

ReputationRep:
    Oh Cod :rolleyes:

Ahem... You're scared of fish? I 'eely think you should try to get over this. Face your fears and go to the aquarium.

tell her. she will think its cute, you get hugs...

You'll have a whale of a time somewhere else, don't worry

ReputationRep:
    If you really don't like fish then you could just tell her you find those kind of creatures spooky and it's not your thing and ask if she'd like to go to the cinema then get something to eat with you instead?

I don't think she'd be offended, just make it clear you'd rather do something else to spend time with her.

Tell her you don't like fish if you feel comfy but maybe not so early on into the relationship, it's up to you.

ReputationRep:
    aww but the aquarium's the most fun place in the world

apart from the zoo...take her to the zoo!

ReputationRep:
    Man up!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sofee)
    aww but the aquarium's the most fun place in the world

apart from the zoo...take her to the zoo!
    thats a really good idea actually!

If she likes that sort of thing say you wanna go to the zoo instead ?

ReputationRep:
    This could be your BIG chance... take your fear on. This is your future.

ReputationRep:
    Tell her be honest! If she is really worth it she will respect you its just a phobia I bet she has one, but if she dumps you..well Im sure there are plenty of fish in the sea

ReputationRep:
    Just tell her. If she doesn't like it, there's plenty more fish in the sea...

ReputationRep:
    I have severe arachnophobia, I'm never bothered by seeing spiders/tarantulas in boxes at the arachnid centre that they have at some zoos/animal centres, though. Why are fish any different?

ReputationRep:
    i thought this was going to be a euphamism

ReputationRep:
    She really, really won't care. Just ask her if you can change what you do - you're not being selfish.

Sorry, couldn't resist

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Christian_j)
    I have severe arachnophobia, I'm never bothered by seeing spiders/tarantulas in boxes at the arachnid centre that they have at some zoos/animal centres, though. Why are fish any different?
    because fish are more scary

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blackdragonthegreat)
    because fish are more scary
    They have sharp teeth.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 14, 2008
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.