Turn on thread page Beta

Might be getting a dog [Advice Please!] watch

ReputationRep:
    You really need to do some good research into the breed before you buy one. Shepherds are generally quite good although.

ReputationRep:
    Dogs look up to us, cats look down on us. Get a god damn pig.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tom//)
    rofl nice ;D
    :hmmm:

Not funny.

Gonna beat her some day

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kevin J)
    Dogs look up to us, cats look down on us. Get a god damn pig.
    Dogs can't look up.

*Sean of the dead reference* :p:

ReputationRep:
    Here's a picture of him
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JAgg)
    The guy lives in a flat so he can't keep it anymore.
    Don't get me wrong, I love dogs and I cannot undersell the strength of the bond you can form with a dog but the relationship is far more intense for the dog.

How would you feel if the most important stimulae/relationship in your life was only yours for however long it was convenient for you to spend with it? but in the meantime you had NOTHING else to distract you or think about?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SillyFencer)
    Dogs can't look up.

*Sean of the dead reference* :p:
    WOW, I've got a unique dog, she looked up a staggered staircase the other day and when she saw me she wagged he tail and came up to me, should we go on Paul o'Grady?

ReputationRep:
    my dog's totally attatched to my older brother (who bought him home) and very affectionate and protective of the whole family almost straight away. we got him when he was about 4 I think so being older won't mean you don't get the bond.

just make sure you take everyone who the dog will be living with to meet the dog in his own home first. get to know him for a while before you take him away from his current owner and back to your house.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Perfect_Gent)
    Don't get me wrong, I love dogs and I cannot undersell the strength of the bond you can form with a dog but the relationship is far more intense for the dog.

How would you feel if the most important stimulae/relationship in your life was only yours for however long it was convenient for you to spend with it? but in the meantime you had NOTHING else to distract you or think about?
    I know I'm not agreeing with him for re-selling, personally I do think it's unfair - like getting a new father/mother.

But if I don't re-home him someone else will.

ReputationRep:
    WOW, I've got a unique dog, she looked up a staggered staircase the other day and when she saw me she wagged he tail and came up to me, should we go on Paul o'Grady?
    lol - sure

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JAgg)
    Here's a picture of him
    He looks like a thinker (most GSDs are) and long hours without stimulus will drive him crazy.

Is he in an adoption scheme that guarentees not to put healthy dogs down? He looks like the type of dog that'll have no trouble finding a home.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JAgg)
    The guy lives in a flat so he can't keep it anymore.
    poor poor guy

although I wouldn't move if it meant me loosing my dog

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JAgg)
    I know I'm not agreeing with him for re-selling, personally I do think it's unfair - like getting a new father/mother.

But if I don't re-home him someone else will.
    Someone more suitable?

ReputationRep:
    He looks like a thinker (most GSDs are) and long hours without stimulus will drive him crazy.

Is he in an adoption scheme that guarentees not to put healthy dogs down? He looks like the type of dog that'll have no trouble finding a home.
    Nope it's just a random guy on www.pets4home.co.uk

ReputationRep:
    Someone more suitable?
    Explain why I'm not suitable. Purley because I have no experience? Obviously I would get help from neighbours who own one...

-_- Who are you to say I'm not suitable to own one without even knowing much about me.

ReputationRep:
    Don't get an alsation for your first ever dog :|. And it might not cost you anything to get him but then you have to pay for food / veterinary treatment etc..I wouldn't do it personally. I'd never trust the breed, at all.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sarahl89)
    Don't get an alsation for your first ever dog :|. And it might not cost you anything to get him but then you have to pay for food / veterinary treatment etc..I wouldn't do it personally. I'd never trust the breed, at all.
    Any reasons for not trusting the breed or just don't like the look of them? All dogs will have costs such as food and veterinary treatments, I'm aware of that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SillyFencer)
    My cat runs. She races me when she meets me outside. Normally wins too
    mine too

:love:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JAgg)
    Explain why I'm not suitable. Purley because I have no experience? Obviously I would get help from neighbours who own one...

-_- Who are you to say I'm not suitable to own one without even knowing much about me.
    Do you really want to go into this?

You're 16 years old with no experience of owning a dog. You want to go take on a dog that you've heard a sob story about but know nothing about its personality. It's a GSD that are a very inteligent dog but can go one way or the other dependant on their early experience. You are still living at home and are worried about waht you mother will think and it sounds like she's the head of the household and it should be down to her to decide if it's appropraite to bring a dog into the household. you're still going through your A lvels and are deciding about which uni to got to, so who going to run it when you do go or are you going to take it with you? I'm going to stop there because I could go on forever

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JAgg)
    Here's a picture of him
    aww :love:

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.