Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Might be getting a dog [Advice Please!] Watch

ReputationRep:
    First off never buy a dog off the internet, lies are always around. If you really want to find out more, go and SEE the dog.
    I don't agree with what is being said about gsd's being overly protective, although I don't know much about the breed I do know they are in the pastoral group, bred to work livestock.
    This means that unless this dog has been around livestock (which I highly doubt, living in a flat), livestock may be an issue for you (including other pets you may have).
    The most important thing for a gsd is socialization, emphasise this point across when you view this dog. How much has it been socialized? Don't take their word for it, make sure you see it- try and take a kid along with you or/and a dog.
    Gsd's are wonderful animals, I don't care what other people here have said, but they need the right owner.
    I haven't read your profile, but seeing other comments, at 16 I don't think you should get a dog, sure now you say you'll walk it x amount of times but life takes over sometimes- schoolwork can get on top of you so easily.
    To emphasise my point, advertisements are never a good starting point for searching for a dog. Breeders and rescues are the way forward ^^

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tom//)
    they dont really crap on carpet, you can get scented pads for them which encourage them to do it somewhere else (outside)
    really where from?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by silverbolt)
    really where from?
    http://www.petsathome.com/find/keywo...oduct-is-16254

i think it is, not too sure how it works, my mate just got a puppy and was telling me about it ;/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JAgg)
    Ew cat... I want a walking/running partner, I can't picture myself running alongside a cat
    This cracked me up!!

ReputationRep:
    i love german shepards.

thats my input.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.