Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Basically there's this guy I like and he's kind of showed me that he likes me too, BUT he has a girlfriend. I don't think they're that close. I know I should just forget him but I can't stop thinking about him.
    What should I do?!

ReputationRep:
    1st step steal underpants

(Original post by crooks & castles)
    1st step steal underpants
    I'm not about to start stalking him

if he has a girlfriend then you shouldn't be the one to make the first move. you need to think seriously out about getting involved with this guy if his willing to dump his girlfriend for you, then he might just dump you to go out with the next girl that comes along

dont be "the other woman", tell him u want him to urself..if thats enough for him to break up with his gf then ther u go ..u can get together..but tread carefully dont cheat..his gf cud be a really nice girl..try to be sensitive of her feelings.. and make sure hes actually willing to break up with her for u before u get too attached or do anything with him.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Basically there's this guy I like and he's kind of showed me that he likes me too, BUT he has a girlfriend. I don't think they're that close. I know I should just forget him but I can't stop thinking about him.
    What should I do?!
    Err.. she's his girlfriend.. exactly how much closer would she have to be for you to rule him out?

I know how you feel though, sucks doesn't it. .

ReputationRep:
    You know you like him

You need to keep the entire thing respectful. Do not and I repeat do not hook up with him whilst he is still dating that girl

If you see him leaning in for a kiss simply say "I am sorry I cannot do that whilst you are dating Sheila/Ross/Karen.....

Notonly will he know you are not some weak willed person but you will determine whether it is worth liking this person or not

If he really feels something for you then he will have to sort it out with her

ReputationRep:
    As everyone else has said, definitely do not get involved while he's still with his girlfriend.

Wait and see what happens...if the relationship is rocky then maybe they'll split up anyway and then you guys can get it on

ReputationRep:
    He 'showed' you that he liked you? Was he big?

Look, you're aware he has a girlfriend, he's aware you like him (are you sure? tell him straight out if need be). The ball's entirely in his court to either break up or put up... unless you want to disrespect his girlfriend completely and try it on with him. Depends on how you want to be perceived tbh and depends on whether you think you can get him to cheat on his present girl but stop him from cheating when he's with you.

ReputationRep:
    Get to know him. That will make it clear to both of you whether you are suited. And then he might split up with his gf because of you or because of something else, but I think you'll get a chance someday.
    But I would not suggest breaking them up or pressurising him to make a decision. I think that would be a little unattractive.
    Just be cool about it, be yourself, be friends with him and you never know.
    Bide your time.

I know it's hard to wait, but in the meantime busy yourself with other things.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EskimoJo)
    He 'showed' you that he liked you? Was he big?

Look, you're aware he has a girlfriend, he's aware you like him (are you sure? tell him straight out if need be). The ball's entirely in his court to either break up or put up... unless you want to disrespect his girlfriend completely and try it on with him. Depends on how you want to be perceived tbh and depends on whether you think you can get him to cheat on his present girl but stop him from cheating when he's with you.
    That sounded better in your head didnt it :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rokit)
    That sounded better in your head didnt it :p:
    It feels like I've said something stupid, but I can't see what? :confused: :o:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EskimoJo)
    It feels like I've said something stupid, but I can't see what? :confused: :o:
    No nothing stupid. It made sense I just had to read it a few times :p:

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 14, 2008
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.