The Student Room Group

Physiotherapy at Nottingham 2023

Hi, I’m really interested in applying for physio 2023 in nottingham as one of my options. I was just curious as to what the social life is like in second year when you are out on placements. Does it feel like you are very disconnected from the uni? Especially as some of the placements are quite far and I’m assuming you would have to move away!! Would love to hear some people’s’ experiences and honest opinions. Thankyou!
Original post by conniemcnally
Hi, I’m really interested in applying for physio 2023 in nottingham as one of my options. I was just curious as to what the social life is like in second year when you are out on placements. Does it feel like you are very disconnected from the uni? Especially as some of the placements are quite far and I’m assuming you would have to move away!! Would love to hear some people’s’ experiences and honest opinions. Thankyou!

Hi - I don’t know about Nottingham but I wouldn’t recommend Leeds Beckett University in the second year if your want to be part of any team sports / clubs at University. In the 2nd year of Physiotherapy they have put their lectures on a Wednesday al day, which stops all the Physiotherapy students taking part in Sports etc at University . All Universities in the UK play their sport matches against each other on a Wednesday, this has happened for years and is part of an established University sports league set up, must be the only University in try the UK to put lectures on a Wednesday all day, so their students can’t take part in this important part of University life and combining their degrees with enjoying the sports and clubs they love. Instead these Students have 2.5 days of the week off on other days of the week without lectures and have failed to include the normal Wednesday afternoons off for sports/clubs in their timetabling. Obviously not an issue if you are not bothered about joining any clubs/playing sports at University, but if you are and you have a choice of studying Physiotherapy at another University I’d go elsewhere. Also if they can put lectures on a Wednesday all day for one course/subject with no regard for the fact this is the day all UK universities keep free for students to compete in sports with each other, no doubt they can do it for other courses as well in the future.

Quick Reply

Latest