Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Me and my sister are a school year apart, and we are complete opposites. I am a complete introvert whereas she is well, not.
    My sister hates me because I am not the same as her- I don't get drunk in the streets every saturday, and I'm not a slapper. She hates me because I won't buy her alcohol, and because I told our parents that some guy almost raped her (I thought this was the best thing to do )

Anyway, she mixes with alot of people older than her, and alot of people in my classes. She has been telling them very personal stuff about me that I don't want mentioned out of the house. She has also told people stuff I've said about them, as she looks through my msn conversations with my friend (you know, girls gossip and stuff about the school scandals), and then repeats stuff she finds. It makes me look like a total freak. She has also started telling outright lies, heaven knows what these people must think

I can't take it anymore. I know I shouldn't care what people think about me, but it's hard when they're in your classes and your sisters been saying this stuff. I was diagnosed with depression and anxiety a couple of years ago, and it's now got worse. It's even got so bad that I'm hardly eating anything and people think I have an eating disorder.

I just want her to stop. I try to be friends with her, and get her to be loyal but she doesn't care

ReputationRep:
    Have you spoken to your parents about it? I would suggest getting better security for your MSN account or deleting any conversation historys. That's only a short term solution to a long term problem but still, it's good practice.

I think people who tell alot of lies always get found out eventually so people will stop paying attention after a while. If you can point out any lies that she makes and you have the evidence to back that up, then even better, because it will cast doubt on some of the other things that she has been saying (which may be true), i.e. personal things about you.

ReputationRep:
    She sounds like she's jealous

ReputationRep:
    rape that *****.

ReputationRep:
    tell our parents so she gets grounded, then spread romours so she gets dropped from her social circle.

ReputationRep:
    tell her, I buy you alcohol, if you give me £10.

ReputationRep:
    slap her, hard

ReputationRep:
    Sounds like your sister has some issues of her own. As for her telling everyone your business be more careful, delete your msn conversations, password your documents/folders and don't tell her anything.

In the long term sit down with her and your parents and tell them how you are feeling, also the effect (to some extent) it is having on you. Get a friend to sit in with you for support would be good too. Your sister has no right to make you feel like this and make herself look good at your expense, and I am sure your parents will feel the same. You should also, privately discuss the effect with your parents and express that you don't want your sister to find out. She is putting your health at risk and that is not on.

If she doesn't stop, even with your parents support, then the best and only thing I can think you could do is to ignore it and her. Leave well alone and leave her to her own devices. She has to learn the concequences of her actions and what goes around comes around. Good luck, this sounds like a difficult situation.

ReputationRep:
    you don't lock your computer/msn conversations?
    You still tell her stuff?
    Okay, sounds like you're doing it to yourself a lot.

The conversations are automatically saved to a chat log, and she often takes my laptop with out my permission and uses it. It's my own laptop so I didn't think I had to password protect them till now

And I don't really tell her stuff, she overhears stuff with my parents (like when I had bad depression and stuff) and makes her own assumptions about alot of things.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bateman)
    tell our parents so she gets grounded, then spread romours so she gets dropped from her social circle.
    She's your sister too??!! Is she nicer to you?

Firstly, go into your msn options and choose for it not to save your conversations when you exit the program - thats the obvious part. Also change you password for anything she could get access to (msn, computer account etc) and put a PIN number on your phone... anything you think she could be loking through needs to have a password on it so she won't be able to anymore. Also put any of you "private" belongings away somewhere she won't look.

Seriously, I have this problem with my mother sometimes, she goes through all my stuff and then uses anything she finds against me so you need to make sure your sister has no access to anything you don't want her to find. Get boxes with fake bottoms (it works I assure you) or even put things insisde other stuff i.e. clothes, pillow etc.

Once you've done this, try talking to her and tell her why everything bothers you. If she doesn't listen tell your parents, if she still keeps on spreading things etc a little tit for tat can always come in handy.

Btw, don't buy her alcohol for her, if she gets found out its YOU who gets into trouble not her and she probably knows it.

ReputationRep:
    beat the crap out of her!!!
    shes runnin rings aroun you. so what is she is a girl, shes your sibling!!!!
    let her know where she stands- and thats out of your room

ReputationRep:
    :hugs:
    I don't really know what to say - I just feel really sorry for you. My sister and I are also a school year apart, and sed to argue but now we are such good friends and we get on so well.

I hope this gets better

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 15, 2008
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.