The Student Room Group

Can I do an Economics degree with economics A-level but no maths A-level?

Hi, I might be interested in doing an Economics degree at uni, and I was wondering if I can do it with an economics A-level but no maths A-level? This might be a stupid question but I just want to know if economics and maths a-levels are interchangeable.
Economics A level and maths A level are not interchangeable. You would have a lot more universities open to you with maths rather than economics. However there are still a range of universities you could look at without maths A level, and courses such as PPE, economics + language etc which don't require maths at many universities which require A level maths for the standard economics degree.
Original post by saltyaf
Hi, I might be interested in doing an Economics degree at uni, and I was wondering if I can do it with an economics A-level but no maths A-level? This might be a stupid question but I just want to know if economics and maths a-levels are interchangeable.

Straight Econ at top unis pretty much all universally require Maths A Level. But if your doing a combination of Economics and another subject then you can go without the Maths.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending