Turn on thread page Beta

How many women here have natural maternal instincts? watch

ReputationRep:
    i dont
    i really really dont
    I dont like children and they dont like me its a mutual agreement
    i feel uncomfortable when people cry, and dont know what to do, if theres someone else with them i just leave the room
    i suck at giving sympathy, my sympathy really is just aaww and a look that says i care.
    x

Yep I'm very maternal and sometimes it scares me lol

ReputationRep:
    Before I had a miscarriage (pm me for details but it is a private matter and dont want to elaborate) I had no desire whatsever, i guess it was something I was expected to have. However since then, I have such a strong urge to just settle, start a family, I LOVE looking after children (something i used to hate) but now I love it, and spending time with babies is the best fun...but hey, now isn't the right time, but atleast I know when it is, i'll be the best mum I Can be

ReputationRep:
    I honestly can't ever see myself having children. Combination of worrying that I'd do a terrible job of bringing one up, and the fact that I find them really, really annoying.

ReputationRep:
    I do. I'm probably gonna start trying for a baby in the next couple of years.

ReputationRep:
    I have natural maternal instincts, definitely. I'm really mothering, and often think about having a child of my own.

ReputationRep:
    Significantly more than do men, I suspect.

(Will that do?)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Atomic Tundra)

do u think you will ever have a chil of your own?

You just had to, again :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    Personally, as bitter and twisted as I am, I... just... can't help... aww, look at the baby!

ReputationRep:
    I didn't think I would ever have maternal instincts. It's one of the things I worried about when I was pregnant with Lydia - that I wouldn't love her, wouldn't know what to do to look after her etc.

I worried needlessly though. When she was born, I loved her more than I could have imagined, and you just sort of get on with the looking after part - it seems logical - it needs changing, you change it; it's upset, you cuddle it. You learn as you go along but it all comes naturally.

ReputationRep:
    I have very strong maternal instincts, always have.

ReputationRep:
    I do

ReputationRep:
    Oh GOD. I have such matenal instincts, it's unreal! I work in Clarks Shoe Shop, and we ALWAYS get really adorable little children coming in for their first ever pair of shoes! Soooo cuuuute! It just makes me want to take them home

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tom//)
    i think men can show maternal instincts too ;o
    Otherwise known as "paternal" instincts :p:.

(Original post by Profesh)
    Significantly more than there are men, I suspect.

(Will that do?)
    poor show

ReputationRep:
    definatly me. I realised to what extent when my friends dad and step mun had another child, and now they have another. I must say though when the kid is between 0 and 12months old i do get nervous about how i am holding them and what i am meant to do. The first one (of the two babies) is 2 now, i really like having her around and immediatly take over looking out for her when she comes over, running joke between our dads now as i always seem to be carrying her the second after they come in the door.

ReputationRep:
    bump

ReputationRep:
    I do, but I don't want kids for AT LEAST another 10 years lol!

ReputationRep:
    Not me, at all, when women bring their babies in work and ask if I want to hold them, I'm mortified, I'm scared incase I drop the kid or I dunno, I just dunno what to do. Which I think is really weird, seeing as my mum had my little sister when I was 8, and I always helped with her. I'm hoping it just comes to me as I get a bit older. That's just babies though, I'm okay with toddlers+

ReputationRep:
    I don't think would natural maternal instincts, but hopefully i would have my mum and gran on hand to give me advice I was doing anything wrong.

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.