Turn on thread page Beta

How many women here have natural maternal instincts? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Demon_AS)
    Otherwise known as "paternal" instincts :p:.
    yeah but, other than father and child and mother and child, whats the actual difference?

ReputationRep:
    No, I don't. Yes, I look after things, if things count as horses because I'd do anything for them. But confront me with a child and I'd rather die. I really am not a fan of children - I don't like them, I don't even "awww" at them. They're not cute - usually quite foul in fact. I just don't *get* the attraction with kids and motherhood and stuff like that. Everyone always tells me "You'll change your mind", I sincerely doubt it. There's not a maternal bone in me unfortunately.

ReputationRep:
    I do!

A couple of years ago.. there wasn't a maternal bone in my body. I was so anti children. Gah.

But now, I've just totally changed. I can't wait to have lots and lots of children :p:

I baby sit and i love it. They're adorable.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not sure I'd call it "maternal instinct" but I do have an urge toward making sure everyone is looked after. Perhaps it's "hostess instinct"

ReputationRep:
    When people are ill, I always kick into motherly mode, yeah. Want to look after people!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DamnitJanet)
    When people are ill, I always kick into motherly mode, yeah. Want to look after people!
    :afraid:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Atomic Tundra)
    :afraid:
    :lolwut:

ReputationRep:
    I have motherly instincts towards cute animals, not children though :woo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tom//)
    yeah but, other than father and child and mother and child, whats the actual difference?
    It's a question of gender-appropriateness.

ReputationRep:
    Yup, I am very motherly. I fuss all over my friends and when they get annoyed at me they're like "Alright, MUM!" :o:
    They don't mind really, they just know that I care a lot about them

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.