Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Incredible stomach pains, not on period or near it :S Watch

anon or delete

I keep getting the raging pains in my lower stomach. sometimes they're gone within a few seconds other time i can barely move with it. It's not period time. any ideas?

ReputationRep:
    Is it like period pain or is it more like when you have an off stomach? Also, any bleeding outside of periods?

ReputationRep:
    Doctor. Now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Liquidus Zeromus)
    Doctor. Now.

Dramatic.

well that was a little scary 0.o;; I came off the pill abut 4 months ago but haven't had any bleeding outside periods although the have gone back to being horribly irregular

It not like period or poorly tummy pain really. It's hard to describe

ReputationRep:
    Doctors, could be a cyst on your ovaries or something worse.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    well that was a little scary 0.o;; I came off the pill abut 4 months ago but haven't had any bleeding outside periods although the have gone back to being horribly irregular

It not like period or poorly tummy pain really. It's hard to describe
    Try lying down and pressing lightly on your stomach, lower, upper and at both sides. Is anywhere particularly tender? Would you say that you suffer with irregular bowel movements?

ReputationRep:
    trapped wind or ovulation or DEATH

ReputationRep:
    Is it sharp stabbing pains? If so, get that mid way through my cycle and its just ovulation pains and will stop sooner or later.

ReputationRep:
    I would pop to the doctors for a check as it could be something and more importantly to put your mind at rest and to try and stop the pains you are getting they cant be plesant!

ReputationRep:
    Erm have you had your appendix removed? If not it may be the case, sounds kind of similar to when I had to have mine removed. I would seriously reccomend going to your closest A&E if the pain continues and gets worse.

Oh btw if it is appendicitis you should have been feeling quite ill first which then turns into the pains your describing. The pain should also be located in the lower right portion of the abdomen.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JAgg)
    Erm have you have your appendix removed? If not it may be the case sounds kind of similar to when I had to have mine removed. I would seriously reccomend going to your closest A&E if the pain continues and gets worse.

Oh btw if it is appendicitis you should have been feeling quite ill first which then turns into the pains your describing. The pain should also be located in the lower right portion of the abdomen.
    It could be any number of things, a cyst, IBS... etc.

Take painkillers, if it makes no difference or it does but your pains are getting worse and worse go and see your GP as an emergency appointment in the morning. Otherwise, make a normal appointment.

(Original post by Lois_Lane)
    It could be any number of things, a cyst, IBS... etc.

Take painkillers, if it makes no difference or it does but your pains are getting worse and worse go and see your GP as an emergency appointment in the morning. Otherwise, make a normal appointment.
    I don't think it's appendicitis, i'v heard that excrutiatingly painful, unless i have a high pain tolerence, It's certainly not something i would bother A+E with. I'm just curious. Didn't knw if it mght be a kidney infection r something.

ReputationRep:
    anon or delete

I keep getting the raging pains in my lower stomach. sometimes they're gone within a few seconds other time i can barely move with it. It's not period time. any ideas?
    Hm, I get them too. Just below the belly button - sometimes it feels like a quick pinch, and sometimes it feels like a long stabbing sort of pain. I've no idea what it is, but I haven't done anything about it. My nurse hasn't said anything, though I've not really stressed it. I might see my doc before Chrimbo if it carries on.

ReputationRep:
    I don't think it's appendicitis, i'v heard that excrutiatingly painful, unless i have a high pain tolerence, It's certainly not something i would bother A+E with. I'm just curious. Didn't knw if it mght be a kidney infection r something.

I had that recently, believe me... that's not what you have. The pain starts in your lower back, at one side usually. You'd have rigours (uncontrollable shakes), a temp and feeling terrible. Also, unless you've been symptomatic with a UTI recently, it's very very unlikely.

I'd go with the advice I gave last, and don't worry. It's likely absolutely nothing. People get random terrible pains that leave as quickly as they came and never really amounted to anything. Still, check in with your GP. Might as well.

ReputationRep:
    A kidney infection would hurt in your middle lower back and you'd be having symptoms of a urinary tract infection. You'd have had symptoms of a lower urinary tract infection for a while before it reached your kidneys, and you would be feeling extremely unwell - fevery and in a lot of pain. Very unlikely to be an ovarian cyst, most are small and asymptomatic and a large cyst would probably cause pain of gradual onset. I also went straight to appendicitis when I read this thread, though if the pain is coming and going it may not be as likely, though sometimes the appendix will "grumble" for a while before becoming a serious problem requiring removal. Are you constipated? Does it feel like trapped wind? Try some peppermint oil or a mild laxative but if you're really in a lot of pain I wouldn't bother faffing around with TSR, see a doctor. Better to be safe than sorry.

ReputationRep:
    Lois_Lane mantioned IBS.....are your bowel movements ok/regular etc?

They seem fine no constipation or anything. all seems fine

ReputationRep:
    Where exactly is the pain? Either side or in the middle?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 14, 2008
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.