The Student Room Group

Is there any A-Level preferences for BSc Comp.Sci. @ Queen Mary Uni.

My target course for University is the BSc Computer Science at Queen Mary University (https://www.qmul.ac.uk/undergraduate/coursefinder/courses/2023/computer-science/) and I'm wondering if there's any particular A-Levels that the University prefers. I'm currently considering taking Maths, Computer Science & Chemistry but I'd love to know if there's any more ideal choices.
A level maths is almost crucial and computer science will mean you’re ahead when the course starts, you can do almost anything else for your third. If you’re able to handle further maths, it would also help for a comp sci degree, especially if you were to do the decision maths module.
Physics or further maths instead of Chem may be advantageous, whichever subject you feel more confident in pick that one. You could also aim for a higher University.
Original post by PixiePresents
A level maths is almost crucial and computer science will mean you’re ahead when the course starts, you can do almost anything else for your third. If you’re able to handle further maths, it would also help for a comp sci degree, especially if you were to do the decision maths module.

This being said, qmul would not look at you any differently if you didn’t take further maths, so If you’re not able to then dont stress :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending