The Student Room Group

Level 2 maths functional skills

Hi everyone,

Just a quick query, has anyone self studied the level 2 maths, functional skills course, via an online platform and passed the course? If so, could you pass on any advice and guidance

Regards
Yes. Finished it a few Months ago with a company called Babcock International. I used to think I wasn't good at Maths but what the Learning assessor and private tutor made me realise was that I over-think things and the lack of confidence in my work is what has held me back.

My advice is to go for it, take every opportunity to learn and practice your skills. Practice pacters and a good maths book will also help. If you have a friend that can tutor you, ask them for help
Reply 2
How did you manage to remember all the formulas and concepts? I struggle with the more complex things.
Original post by Mr JRS
How did you manage to remember all the formulas and concepts? I struggle with the more complex things.

I'll be honest with you, there's some things I still struggle with. Measures, shapes and space, for example, I just can't get. practice papers are a good quide to let you know how what your strengths and weaknesses are.

So I just wanted to pass, so I made sure I knew enough areas to pass the test. I practiced until I started to skip only few questions on the past papers. I went from skipping almost all when I fist started to just a few by the time final exams came around. Having someone good at maths to help explain things is really helpful. YouTube videos as well.

Oh and I only revised or practice the day before I had a learning session with my tutor. Practicing last minute worked for me as I remember something I just did hours ago as opposed to something I did last week 😅.
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 4
Hi again, thanks for your advice. I’ve been going at it for a while now, I’m pretty much the same when it comes to measure, shapes and space. I’m finding this new platform I’m learning on much better. The video tutorials are great. Can I ask what exam board you took your test with? And what was your pass mark? If you don’t mind saying. Regards
Reply 5
Hi,

Hope you’re still able to pass information on. Regards

Original post by Char3313L
I'll be honest with you, there's some things I still struggle with. Measures, shapes and space, for example, I just can't get. practice papers are a good quide to let you know how what your strengths and weaknesses are.

So I just wanted to pass, so I made sure I knew enough areas to pass the test. I practiced until I started to skip only few questions on the past papers. I went from skipping almost all when I fist started to just a few by the time final exams came around. Having someone good at maths to help explain things is really helpful. YouTube videos as well.

Oh and I only revised or practice the day before I had a learning session with my tutor. Practicing last minute worked for me as I remember something I just did hours ago as opposed to something I did last week 😅.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending