The Student Room Group

Will these grades put me at a disadvantage when applying for top UNIS?

If i get high grades in A-levels (I’m in year 12) will my grades perhaps overshadow my GSCES?

Maths-6
English Language-7
English Literature-8
Science-76
Geography-8
Sociology-9
Art-4
Spanish-5
Original post by dagi1234
If i get high grades in A-levels (I’m in year 12) will my grades perhaps overshadow my GSCES?

Maths-6
English Language-7
English Literature-8
Science-76
Geography-8
Sociology-9
Art-4
Spanish-5

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6033950
Congratulations on your GCSE results! Ultimately it depends on the course you are applying for and the university you are applying to.

All universities have different entry requirements. Most top universities require anywhere between a 4-6 in GCSE Maths and English which you have exceeded. If it’s a specific subject that you are applying to eg Maths they may require a certain grade at GCSE that you must have achieved. You can check on the university website for further details on their entry requirements.

Honestly, your A-Level grades and personal statement will hold the most weight. Wishing you all the best and good luck!
Reply 3
Thank you!
What might you apply for?
Reply 5
Original post by ajj2000
What might you apply for?

I was thinking of applying for accounting in either London School of Economics,Oxford, Cambridge or Warwick
Original post by dagi1234
I was thinking of applying for accounting in either London School of Economics,Oxford, Cambridge or Warwick

Well - some initial problems:

- Oxford and Cambridge don't offer accounting.

- LSE and Warwick do. Both require at least grade A maths A level (very possibly A*), and possibly candidates with further maths as a 4th A level might have an edge at LSE (not sure - LSE requirements are not clear). Are you taking maths A level? It might be a big ask with grade 6 GCSE.

Quick Reply

Latest